Best SCART lead for Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best SCART lead for Gamecube

I have a Gamecube currently connected by the SCART that came with it. Am I missing out on something? I hear all this talk of RGB etc, can someone point me in the right direction?

yes buy the official rgb scart lead for gamecube its so much better the quality of image using that to the tv

Comment

If your tv scart socket supports rgb (most do) then the official RGB scart lead is the way to go. Picture quality compared to the bundled lead is like night & day.

I've tried a few of the 3rd party rgb leads and they can't touch the official lead for picture quality. As with all official products it comes at a premium and they're not that easy to pick up nowadays.

Gameplay have them in stock though (for ?19.99) but you might be able to pick one up on the trading boards or ebay for a bit less:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...uctcode=GC0008

Comment

Well I can't speak for the modified RGB cables that are de rigeur around here but I'm using the Gamester Professional RGB scart cable. It's got a fancy locking connector on the scart end and claims it's gold plated and made with Oxygen Free Copper.

What I can tell you is, that it uses very well shielded cable and the image it produces is crisp and vivid. It also has the audio breakout too for linking up to a Dolby Pro Logic II capable receiver.

The downside is that it seems quite hard to find these days...

Comment

Its a wonder why manufacturers dont bundle these leads as standard. Cheers guys

Comment

its so they can get another 20 notes out of us when we buy the machine but they cant really be making a profit on the lead, well the shops might so it would make more sense to probably include them as the 360 has the component lead included

Comment

I'm happy with my official Scart for my PAL cube. A great picture. For my Japanese cube a Saurian Cable is the way to go (i'd guess 2nd now as he don't make them anymore).

Originally posted by cutmymilk
              Its a wonder why manufacturers dont bundle these leads as standard. Cheers guys
              It probably due the fact that we (on these types of site) are the exception with regards to picture quality. Most people run their GC,PS2,Xbox and probably 360's through the bog standard cable supplied (usually AV). I remember on the PS2 release one work colleague brought the RF adaptor!
              Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 17-01-2006, 12:09.

Comment

Yeah but by including a better lead wouldnt it make the console look better on demo pods etc and so more desirable? Maybe its a cost thing, though. I'll be ordering the RGB lead, nothing to lose really. Bar ?20. It will work with normal SCART splitters yeah?

Comment

Most people can't even see the difference between RGB and Composite.

I find this quite bizzare, I can take one look at the picture and tell you if it's Composite... but I suppose most people just don't care.

Comment

Is it true the gamecube rgb scart works on the sfc/n64 too?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                      Is it true the gamecube rgb scart works on the sfc/n64 too?
                      Yes and no. The cables are the same, but the N64 natively does not support RGB output. Some early US/JPN N64's can be modified to output RGB though.

Not too sure on the Snes one, didn't it need an extra capacitor?

Comment

As far as i know a gc scart works on a snes/sfc too. And re the n64,you mean to tell me a pal n64 cant be connected via scart without a mod!?

Comment

The PAL N64 cannot do RGB Scart full stop. The best you'll get is S-Video.

Comment

I got an RGB cable for my Gamecube and the other day my brothers mate came round and were playing FIFA 06 (his copy I might add) and his mate thought it was a 360 game such was the improvement in picture quality.

The official scart lead doesn't have a seperate cable for surround sound though does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                              The PAL N64 cannot do RGB Scart full stop. The best you'll get is S-Video.
                              hence the fuzzyvision, im shocked that it shipped like that tbh. And YM, sounds like i'll have to pick up a gc rgb, i was already impressed with the pic qualtiy with the standard lead. I would like to know for sure it'll work with my jpn sfc too though?Sorry for hijacking this thread...

Comment

Working...
                              X