Goodbye to my Dreamcast??(Dc to GC and Dc to ps1) port comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye to my Dreamcast??(Dc to GC and Dc to ps1) port comparisons

After falling head over heals in love with my Gamecube im thinking about offloading my Dreamcast collection and replacing some of the Dc games with the GC and ps1 versions, so id like to hear what people think of the GC/ps1 versions of the following games and how they differ/compare to the Dc versions.
    IKARUGA.
    CRAZY TAXI.
    RESIDENT EVIL CODE VERONICA.
    SONIC ADVENTURE.

And on the ps1,
    HIDDEN AND DANGEROUS.

Bar Ikaruga all the Dc games are pal version and id be replacing them with pal GC/ps1 versions.Thanks,

Why can't you get a PAL copy of Ikaruga also?

Comment

PAL GC Ikaruga does not have a 60hz option, it simply runs in 50hz optimised. To make the game run at the same speed I think Treasure removed a certain amount of frames every second which means it can look slightly jerky. JPN DC version is superior for the ?truest? experience.

Comment

From what I recall (I sold it pretty quickly) the colours in GC Ikaruga are slightly washed out - they're much more clear and vibrant in the DC version. Some of the sound effects appear to be resampled too, slightly lower quality and they cut out too soon (i.e. explosions).

Comment

Do you have a PC? I've a vague feeling there's a perfectly good PC version of Hidden & Dangerous that the developers released for free download, to promote interest in the sequel.

Comment

So id be better off with a jpn ikaruga and a freeloader then? And mid i dont have a pc im afraid.

Comment

Working...
            X