Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a gamecube rgb scart work with a japanese super famicom??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a gamecube rgb scart work with a japanese super famicom??

Can someone please confirm this before i spend, please.

Yes. As far as I know the SCART leads from Nintendo since the SNES have been the same. However, I can't be correct. I have heard some different stories of compatibility.

However, I got a generic SCART RGB lead from Lik-Sang which supports SNES/GC(Only PAL)/N64(If modded.) for my American SNES and works without any problems. All SNES systems support RGB universally except the newer smaller models.
    Last edited by danholo; 17-01-2006, 14:04.

Comment

Thanks mate, if anyones running a sfc with a official gc rgb scart let me know please! Arrgh this sfc stuff is a 'mare!:-/

Comment

PAL SNES and PAL GC leads aren't the same in my experience.

NTSC SNES/SFC is fine with a PAL GC RGB cable because it has the capacitors in.
        However, the PAL SNES requires a RGB SCART without the capacitors, which funnily enough is the same lead that works with a RGB modded NTSC N64.
        Using the wrong lead gives you either an overbright or very dark picture.
        Confused?

NTSC SNES/SFC = PAL Gamecube = lead with capacitors

PAL SNES = NTSC N64 (modded) = lead with no capacitors.

Comment

Love you;-)

Comment

The official RGB SCART lead for the PAL GameCube works perfect on a Super Famicom.

Comment

Yeh, I said that already
              Love you;-)
              xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Comment

Also, a Gamecube RGB lead is easily modded to work on a PAL snes, just remove or short the caps and you are done.

Comment

Working...
                X