Portable TVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable TVs

Not sound like a cheapskate but where can i buy a portable TV that displays 60hz to play import consoles on for around the ?50 mark?

I have been advised to go to Woolworths and Dixons. Do you know anywhere else which does good deals and will support NTSC playback without a rolling screen or black and white image?

you'll be lucky for ?50, try Comet, friend bought this one before Xmas and works fine with 60hz signal, but ?80

Comet is back to bring you savings on Washing Machines, TVs, Laptops, Air Fryers, Smart Heating and more. Finance options available. Shop our range today.

Comment

Argos an places like that often tend to have stupidly cheap portable TVs

hope them links work. You'd have to do ur own research into whether they can handle 60hz like, but normlly they can

Comment

smegman the link to the beko TV says its ntsc playback comapatable via scart, so im assuming that one does. Thanks for yah help guys!

Comment

jus a word of warning if the NTSC playback is only via SCART, that likely means that the TV is 60hz compatible rather than NTSC compatible so all PAL-60 games would work fine whatever you hook them up with, however if u use an NTSC console it would have to be hooked up through RGB SCART tho I'm pretty sure you'd be doing that anyway (RGB is slightly different to PAL and NTSC but is the best picture quality on a portable TV anyway really )

Comment

All the Beko ones are NTSC 3.58 and NTSC 4.43, I researched into this a few years ago.
            I imagine that almost any portable TV is gonna be 60hz nowadays

Comment

Thanks again guys will pop down to Argos tommorow lunch time and grab one, should be ok as me mate jus wants to play winniin Eleven 9 j league edition on it.

Will post back here to let yah know how it goes.

Comment

I've got a Beko 28" CRT that I bought on the cheap over a year ago...works brilliantly with my Jap Saturn, with or without scart

Comment

Originally posted by jeimuzu_uk
                  I've got a Beko 28" CRT that I bought on the cheap over a year ago...works brilliantly with my Jap Saturn, with or without scart
                  Yeah my friend had one a 28" 4:3 , it was massive, gave a really nice RGB picture too

Comment

Had a 32" Beko and the RGB image was about the best I have ever seen on a CRT, much better then scart on an LCD or Plasma. However, he's after a portable one so I don't think he'll go for the 28 incher!

Comment

Jus come back from Argos and the beko is the same beko 14 inch TV he has at the mo' although it saysit supports ntsc playback, it clearly doesnt cos he jus gets a rolling image! Spent ages looking around and not many places sell tube Tv's anymore! FFS!

Comment

Working...
                      X