Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you find out your WEP key?

How ironic.

My neighbours have gone on holiday to Florida for 2 weeks yesterday just when I needed them to find out my WEP key to connect my wireless adaptor to enable Live to work.

I know nothing about computers, so could someone help me or lead me to where I could find this information please. I don't want to wait 2 weeks for this. For your information, it is a Belkin wirless adaptor connecting to this NTL box to produce the wireless signals.

Thanks to whoever helps.

Underneath your router will be the ip address of it. Probably 192.168.0.1.

Should also be a username and password. Probably ADMIN,and PASSWORD.

Enter the ip in your web browser,as if you were going to go to a regular page,like NTSC etc...

You'll now probably get asked for the username and password, "in order t view this page."

Once in look for security settings,or wireless settings,and your wep key should be in there.

It'll look like a load of numbers and letters together. The length will depend on the strength of the security.

Comment

Can anyone help on this?

Its stumped me tbh and im highly intelligent.

Comment

Think most of what you said sounds OK, of course if the deafult username or password is diffrent from the norm or has been changed you are screwed to start off with really. Out of intrest what type of router is it?

Comment

A Belkin.

We managed to get the WEP key,but the 360 is now asking for the ip and subnet mask,which i think is correct,but the gateway?

Not sure if that was correct. Any idea what it should be?

Comment

Nick my friend,

I have done it - my ****ing fault too. I did put a 'B' into an '8', so that was human error all along and there is no excuse for me to say sorry because you went through quite a bit, eh?! I still want to thank you very much because I would not have got anywhere without your assistance and the patience ability to go through things step-by-step.

I hope I did not do any harm to you!

Many thanks and best wishes too.

Lee.

Comment

No worries pal. Glad it works.

See you on Live.

Comment

Working...
              X