Japanese cube games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese cube games

I'll be going over to Japan in March and want to pick up a bunch of cube games that aren't available in Australia. Can anyone recommend any? I barely understand any Japanese at the moment so they can't have too much japanese text.

Ill be getting at least Naruto 4 and probably the latest One Piece game.

Also I already own freeloader but was considering buying a cube when i'm over there, would I be able to use my power cable from my aus pal cube in the japanese one or would i have to get some kind of power converter?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Gaara; 20-01-2006, 05:17.

The power supply from your Australian cube will work fine. No adapters required.

If you like puzzle type games then Mr Driller: Drill Land (only if you buy a Jap cube as there can be probs saving on a PAL cube) & Kururin Squash are worth a punt. You'll probably be able to pick them up for buttons too.

Comment

Cubic Lode Runner is very good, if you like that sort of game. Works fine on Freeloader.

Comment

All these games work with the Freeloader and if you're going for the JAP Cube your existing power supply will work. I use a European one with my US Cube. Considering your nick is Gaara you'll definitely pick up N:GNT4 but I'd advise highly against it. I have it and think it sucks. Fighting games with licenses are boring. There are like a couple of boring moves that you do over - and over - and over again. Ugh.

I've never had any problems with saving though. I got a card solely for Jap games but that was unnecessary since I save all my games on one card.. US and JP.
        Last edited by danholo; 20-01-2006, 10:41.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo
          All these games work with the Freeloader and if you're going for the JAP Cube your existing power supply will work.
          If you're going to give advice how about making it accurate...

SOME GAMES DON'T SAVE WHEN USING FREELOADER!

NTSC-J games to look out for that are exclusive:
          Kururin Squash
          Nintendo Puzzle Collection
          Mr. Driller Drill Land
          Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu "whatever one you see"
          Winning Eleven 6: FE
          Legend of Golfer
          Donkey Konga 3
          Shikigami No Shiro II
          Hudson Selection Vol. 2: Star Soldier
          Naruto "whatever version you see"
          Homeland "read a few faqs with this one, but it's a one off"
          Giftpia "read a few faqs with this one, but it's a one off"
          Super Robot Taisen GC "read a faq"
          Pilgrimage "read importaku's game discussion thread"
          Last edited by gingerj; 20-01-2006, 11:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaara
            I barely understand any Japanese at the moment so they can't have too much japanese text.
            Which rules out over 50% of those suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
              Which rules out over 50% of those suggestions.
              What's wrong with trial and error like the rest of us
              Plus gamefaqs has guides for a couple of the suggested games...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
                What's wrong with trial and error like the rest of us
                Nothing. I have all of those except Pilgrimage but the dude did mention the thing about text-heavy games.

That list of NTSC-J exclusives could probably be doubled too. There's more than that. Few are worth bothering with though.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
                  If you're going to give advice how about making it accurate...

SOME GAMES DON'T SAVE WHEN USING FREELOADER!
                  Don't get me wrong... I'm all for accurate information. Taking that information into consideration Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 saves when using Freeloader! I have to take my words back though, I just played GNT4 and had a blast! The 3-tag battle is fast paced and fun. Anyway, I did save the game and went into GC's memory card menu and the GNT4 save was there...
                  Last edited by danholo; 20-01-2006, 13:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                    Few are worth bothering with though.
                    Very good point...

Comment

You dont want legend of golfer, there plenty of better golf games than that surely.

Id reccomend chibi robo as its still not bloody out here yet.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Will look into each of the games mentioned.

I already own Naruto 2 and love it, so i assume i'll like the 4th even more.

Just checked out a trailer and Chibi robo looks good, plus i've heard thats its playable with a translation guide (which i don't mind doing)

Has anyone played the One Piece games? Do they know which one is better out of Grand Battle 3 & Combat Rush?

Comment

Chibi Robo is down for release in the US on 6th Feb if you'd prefer an English language version.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaara
                            Thanks for the suggestions guys! Will look into each of the games mentioned.

I already own Naruto 2 and love it, so i assume i'll like the 4th even more.
                            Oh, you will. I just had a blast playing it and I've ceased to be a big Naruto fan a while ago... But it was still fast-paced fun. Go for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X