Neo Geo Pocket Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo Geo Pocket Color

It was my birthday yesterday... and my rather wonderful boyfriend got me a Neo Geo Pocket Color, with Pac Man and Metal Slug.

I am completely new to the world of Neo Geo Pocket Color's and was wondering what would be good to buy to go with it.... game / accessory recommendations would be great. As would places to find them.

The console is US, can it play Jap games?

I know nothing!!!

Pac Man is arcade perfect though.

I like Fatal Fury: First Contact. It's nice and easy if you're new to 2D fighters (like me!) and a lot of fun if you ask me.

www.play-asia.com have a lot of cheap loose games in the Classics Section.

Oh, and Sonic too.

Comment

sure it can play jap games, have you played with the horoscope when you put no game in too?

get puzzle bobble! and pacman!

Comment

Get Cardfighter Clash. Then your life will be complete

And yes the handheld is completely region free.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

If you want a bit of strategy, then I'd highly recommend Faselei. It's really a little gem. Unfortunately, It's a bit rare I think, but it might've been re-released amongst all the other games that cropped up in re-released form on liksang a year or so ago. Definitely hunt it out. My favourite neo pocket game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
            Get Cardfighter Clash. Then your life will be complete

And yes the handheld is completely region free.
            I second that! Also Match of the Millennium - arguably one of the best handheld fighters ever.

Comment

Big tournament golf. Best game on the system imo.

Sonic is pretty good too.

Comment

If you can scrounge the manual online, then look for the loose copies of Faselei on eBay. They are the US version, that was going to be published and then SNK pulled out of the Western markets. So a bunch of manufactured carts were sitting in a warehouse for years until being sold on to be distrubuted by anyone.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by lurch996
                  Big tournament golf. Best game on the system imo.
                  It is indeed great. And to clarify, it is also known as Neo Turf Masters!

Comment

I came in to recommend card fighter clash, it's already been recommended but you have to get it. The game swallowed my time.

Comment

Card Fighters Clash
                      even if you owned no other NGPC games, this one would make it all worthwhile

Comment

Well I'm going to have a look and see what i can find.... 'card fighter clash' seemed to get lots of support!

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Another vote for Neo Turf Masters, just a brilliant golf game. I also really enjoyed Pocket Tennis though was bloody hard imo...

Comment

Working...
                          X