Problems with a 360 Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with a 360 Game

Received it today, looked in fine nick as I opened it at my PC. So I gave the guy good feedback then took the disc out and put it in my machine. It crashed. Put it in again and it got a bit further but crashed again.

Took it out and there is a nasty scratch on it, and fingerprints. Tried several times to get the fingerprints off and can't. They're UNDER the surface of the disc!

So what can I do now? It was sold as a factory sealed copy but obviously I now realise it wasn't. Can I contact M$, or Namco for a new copy? Or take it to a store and try to exchange it without a recipt for another copy?

All the docs and everything looks kosher, but the spine of the game looks a bit iffy, like a PS2 kind of font, rather than the other games I have which keep the game's font.

Not too chuffed, so suggestions would be welcome.

You could try taking it into game or another shop and just say you bought it from them and have lost the receipt, if the game has damage from some kind of manufacturing error most places will exchange it for another.

If that fails, in the back of the manual it says that EA will replace defective software within 90 days of purchase. The game hasn't been out 90 days so there shouldn't be a problem.

I'm guessing it ridge racer?

Comment

I had an extra copy of PGR 3 from dixons online x360 bundle. I tried to take it back to a few shops, still sealed, to exchange without receipt and they wouldn't have it...whether that was just a christmas thing I don't know, but I doubt that will work. In the past, EA have replaced scratched media for a charge.
      Otherwise, some shops have machines that can repair scratched disks, I think it's a no-win no-fee sorta deal usually?

Comment

If all else fails then just trade it in at Gamestation.

Comment

I'm taken stuff back to Game before without receipt, I guess you have to be lucky though. Go towards the end of the day when the staff have lost the will to live and chances may be improved.

Comment

Technically GAMEs return policy actually allows staff to exchange a product bought from another store, its all at the discretion of the staff.

It all depends on how the damage actually looks on the disc, is it obviously under the discs surface?
            Does it look like it could of only happened from being made that way?

I can't imagine how someone could do that to a disc.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
              Technically GAMEs return policy actually allows staff to exchange a product bought from another store, its all at the discretion of the staff.

It all depends on how the damage actually looks on the disc, is it obviously under the discs surface?
              Does it look like it could of only happened from being made that way?

I can't imagine how someone could do that to a disc.
              I think it's probably a fake, and the under the surcace stuff was done whilst adding the hologram. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Did you pay via paypal? they are very good at getting your money back for you, report it to them. otherwise try speaking to the seller, but as you've already left feedback he might just ignore you.

If he's a legit seller and you're just unlucky try buying another copy from him (via paypal), when the game arrives report it as faulty and switch it with the dodgy one he sent you - you can then either get a refund or at least get your money back from paypal.

or, seeing as i hate GAME, buy a copy from them - swap discs, take it back for a refund - they let the disks roll about all over the place so they won't question the scratch.
                Last edited by Pirotic; 24-01-2006, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirotic
                  Did you pay via paypal? they are very good at getting your money back for you, report it to them. otherwise try speaking to the seller, but as you've already left feedback he might just ignore you.

If he's a legit seller and you're just unlucky try buying another copy from him (via paypal), when the game arrives report it as faulty and switch it with the dodgy one he sent you - you can then either get a refund or at least get your money back from paypal.

or, seeing as i hate GAME, buy a copy from them - swap discs, take it back for a refund - they let the disks roll about all over the place so they won't question the scratch.
                  Refund you say...

Comment

I've checked more closely under a strog light, and the middle part that was iffy is just tiny rings on the hologram. The surface is shagged though, so I'm going to give the seller until tomorrow, and if I get no joy I'll send the disc to EA for a replacement.

Comment

I took this to my local Game today and the nice guy behind the counter swapped it over straight away.

I can actually play the bloody thing now. I explained that I didn't have the receipt but that the disc had marks under the surface and said "no problem" and gave me a brand new copy.

Sometimes Game rock.

Comment

Quality, thats what we like to hear

Comment

Working...
                        X