Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexmark Printer Advice (pulling my hair out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexmark Printer Advice (pulling my hair out)

Need some advice:

A while ago I accidently deleted the software(from cd) for the lexmark P3150 printer. After trying to re-install the disc my cd drive will not read it for some reason.

So I d/l the drivers from lexmark website for my printer so after downloading I try to install/open the drivers and all that happens is the drivers are extracted to a folder in c/drive??

This is really frustrating as I have the cd(wont work) - the drivers on the hd but cant install them and I have Taxcalc to run for my Father, so its pretty urgent

any thoughts guys???

Thanks in advance

Reinstall the printer pointing the driver location to local disk

Comment

If you mean re run the install software I cant as the drive wont read the cd?

The pc does detect the printer but it cant install the software to run it from cd or from drivers I d/l' ed?

Comment

what ginger meant was when windows detects it, it asks for the location of the driver, so then point it(selectingthe option: do not search, I will choose a location?)then to the folder containing the files you dloaded/extracted

Comment

As above However, there might be a exe to run in the d/l files.

Comment

what i do with my lexmark printer i go through the add new printer wizard and when it asks for driver i choose already have disc and then untick cdrom etc and select other location and browse to the driver then click ok and should install

Comment

Yeh, when it asks you where the drivers are stored, point it at the place you've just extracted the drivers to. It'll check them and pop up a list of supported printers, choose your one and install. Or read the readme, there might be a certain other procedure you have to follow sometimes like installing something else first.

Comment

Is it a non Xp machine? as most lexmarks should be plug and play

Comment

yeah they are but even xp asks for the cd or location to drivers though

Comment

got it sorted guys thanks,

As usual it was me overlooking the fact I had to direct the install to the drivers

thanks for your help guys

Comment

Working...
                    X