Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Battery Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Battery Life

I've been running mine on the two AA batteries that came with the Premium since Saturday and the dash gauge has only gone down slightly.

Microsoft claim "up to 40 hours of life on two AA batteries," "More than 30 hours of play per charge" from the Play & Charge Kit, and "Up to 25 hours of play per full battery charge" from the separate Rechargeable Battery Pack.

I already have one Play & Charge Kit, but have a few questions:

Why does the separate battery pack have a shorter play time than the one that comes with the Play & Charge Kit, have Microsoft published incorrect information (an oversight) or is it an incentive to buy the P&C Kit instead (more money)?

How long have AA batteries lasted for you?

Do you think it's worth exchanging the wired controller I have (unopened) for a wireless one (added battery expense, it's a secondary pad for when friends visit, but I like the wireless idea much more than I thought)?

I had 2 wireless pads on launch, then realised I won't use the 2nd pad too often (and was an expensive thing not to use very often), it went wrong so i used the opportunity to take it back and get a wired pad, which I now use on my PC aswell

Comment

I have two wired ones and its perfect, I wouldnt have considered getting a wired one, just plain crazy I think. The option for wireless is there for a fiver or so more so may as well take it, I have the P&C kit in one and batteries in the second and it does last quite a while. Not a hassle to exchange them every now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
        The option for wireless is there for a fiver or so more so may as well take it, I have the P&C kit in one and batteries in the second and it does last quite a while. Not a hassle to exchange them every now and again.
        That's what I was thinking of doing and I have some Game Reward points to claim to counter the extra cost, as that's where I got the wired one from, but I still can't help thinking is it worth the extra cost plus batteries for a controller that will probably be in a cupboard for most of the week.

Comment

Does removing the battery/batteries when not in use prolong their life?

Comment

One last question:

Can you use the wireless controller with the P&C Kit adapter plugged into it without the battery pack, effectively a wired controller?

Edit: Don't worry, I guess not (note between points 3 and 4):
            Last edited by MJ; 26-01-2006, 14:04.

Comment

Working...
            X