Why is Outlook so laggy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Outlook so laggy?

I have to use Outlook at work, have no choice.
    Outlook lags for a second every single time I switch to the main window and for about 4 seconds every time I click off onto a different window and then back to an email I'm writing.
    Outlook is the only application that does this, no matter how many or few applications I have open.
    What's the reason behind this and how can I fix it?
    Thanks.

what version of outlook?

Comment

I wish I knew why Outlook does this too.

It seems really clunky, constantly chugging away doing things in the background. I think its just a really poorly programmed piece of software.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with it since I need to sync my ppc.

I'm using 2002. Whats the latest version?
      Last edited by gizmo1990; 29-01-2006, 21:37.

Comment

if its 2003, try disabling the Messenger integration

Tools / Options / Other, Uncheck the 'Display Presence Status in the from field'

Comment

Originally posted by NaveT
          what version of outlook?
          It's 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0)
          Seems from gizmo1990's post that it's a standard behaviour and I can't change the settings as it's at work anyway, I just wondered. Guess I'll have to put up with it seeing as there's no other option anyway. It just makes it really frustrating to try and copy bits and pieces into an email coz you have to wait 5 sodding seconds every time you click on the window. Piece of crap.

Comment

I've worked it out.
            The systems dicks at work have set MCShield.exe to high priority and everything else to normal, so of course everything else, especially relatively memory intensive stuff like Outlook and Excel, go and lag because every time any file's accessed on this comp the bloody virus scanner has to eat it first and hogs all the resources.
            Useless idiots.

Comment

Working...
            X