Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Dreamcast power board in NTSC Dreamcast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Dreamcast power board in NTSC Dreamcast?

Hello, just a quick one...has anyone ever put a UK PAL DC power board into either an American or a Japanese DC?

The DC is fairly easy to take apart and tinker with, putting in a UK power board would take about 4 seconds to do and would save the use of connecting it to a stepdown converter all the time.

Is this safe to do?

Cheers

Yes.

Comment

Thank you Stanley, good man.

Comment

there also 3rd party powerboards that have an autovoltage detection. so you might consider that aswell rather than possibly sacrificin anotherwie fine PAL DC unit.

Comment

Or you could buy a stepdown which would be useful for numerous other things.

Comment

I have a spare powerboard (pal ) if you want it

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone and special thanks for the offer nightstalker, no need to take you up on it though mate, I already had a UK powerboard from a redundant old PAL DC which was knocking around at the back of my wardrobe.

So far, so good, no problems at all, literally took me about 2 minutes to switch them over, highly recommended if you need to do the same, well worth doing and it's nice not having to keep plugging and unplugging the stepdown from my other machines all the time.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X