LCD Anti-Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD Anti-Theft

Anyone know of any sort of thing like this I could use for my LCD to protect against the worst?

Does it have a Kensington lock on the back? A lot of LCDs have (laptops as well)

Those stick on ones are quite crap and can be levered off quite easy, especially if they have been stuck a few years.

/hides crowbar
    Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 30-01-2006, 20:57.

Comment

Wouldn't you be better off invsting in some decent locks on your front door?

It it's tied to something they'll only smash it anyway, it will be insured right?

Comment

No point in Kensington locks really - they can be opened with a bit of paper - just gives the illusion of security.

And as "Dirty Sanchez" said, it's likely to just get damaged if it's tied down to something.

Comment

Was just wondering if there was such a device out there - not saying that it's likely to get snatched.

Comment

Mate.
            Get a good lock on your door and get household contents insurance. I pay ?20 a month for mine.
            If your LCD goes for a walk and your house was locked up you can just claim a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
              Mate.
              Get a good lock on your door and get household contents insurance. I pay ?20 a month for mine.
              If your LCD goes for a walk and your house was locked up you can just claim a new one.
              ...and often a better one as prices drop all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewfee
                No point in Kensington locks really - they can be opened with a bit of paper - just gives the illusion of security.
                Didn't realise they were that ****e. Considering the cost as well.

Comment

the wall mount (a generic one) that came with my Panasonic has a bar that slides in from the side once the panel is secured, with a hole where you can fit a padlock to secure it against theft

but yeah - if the buggers can't rob it they'll just smash it up anyway

Comment

Yeh just like with a hold-up in a bank, the staff are instructed to not resist and to give the money as easily as possible. You should obviously lock up your house nice and tight, but if someone does get in it's better to allow them to help themselves without risk of damage to anything else of yours. Just make sure your insurance covers everything you have and make an inventory with values to give to the insurers at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez
                      It it's tied to something they'll only smash it anyway, it will be insured right?
                      My argument to that is they didn't get the item, plus when it gets replaced they'll know it be just as hard to get next time. Either that or they'll remember some big bolt cutters next time

Comment

Working...
                      X