Help Installing a second HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Installing a second HD

It been a while since i last installed a new hardrive, as my slave hd been with me for 4 years until it died begining of this week.

Now i got a new 80g one, put it in, set jumpers to Primary Slave, windows2k boots up installed the drivers. But i can't see it in My Computer or Explorer so i assume Win2k didn't partion it... so i do i do it, i went in to command prompt but couldn't even jump to the new hardrive let alone remember the commands lines..

There's a couple of programs out there to find and format a drive for you; Seagate disc wizard is one, and there's another web based one I used.

I doubt this is it since you said Win2K boots up ok (does it list both drives as recognised during the boot-up?) but if you're talking about a PC that is 4 years+ old, there's a possibility the bios doesn't recognise a drive greater than 40gb. I had this problem. There was a jumper setting that limited the drive to 40gb capacity, so I installed it like that and used the program mentioned above to reformat it.

Comment

edit

selected the wrong options

lets try it again

edit2*

Worked out fine, Thanks.
      Last edited by Tobal; 01-02-2006, 11:05.

Comment

Working...
      X