wireless signal problems :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless signal problems :(

Hi there i have recently installed a bt voyager 2091 ADSL USB modem, i have been playing nintendo ds wirelessly in the same soom with no problems, i have bought a netgear WGE111 gaming adapter i have tried this in the same room as my pc and it connects fine wirelessly.

im having problems connecting wirelessly in my bedroom, it is about 30-40 feet away with about 8 feet of granite walls in the way

is there anything i can do to get the signal into my bedroom, i dont know if i can attatch another arieal to my router either

would somthing like this work, and how would it be used?

i have a adsl usb modem i dont know if it would work

please help

kind regards yygames
    Last edited by yesteryeargames; 02-02-2006, 11:12.

Spend more cash and buy some Devolo high speed ethernet over electrical mains. They are a bit pricey for a pair and won't work well if:

a) You've got really old and/or rubbish mains cabling.
    b) You plug it into a few dasiy-chained four way gangs.
    c) Your bedroom and computer locations are on different rings (i.e they are controlled by seperate fuses in your mains fusebox).

I haven't tried them myself yet, but the reviews are good and the technology sound. Once I get sorted in my new house (still unpacking), I'll get a set for my setup.

In your case (with the DS) you'll still need an access point in your bedroom to hook into.

Maybe you should try a repeater first?

Granite walls? No chance of being bandwidth-hacked by a passer-by or neighbour then!

Comment

Working...
    X