Gamecube lead question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamecube lead question

Hi. I've noticed over the years that when people are selling their Gamecubes, they sometimes mention them having a particular RGB lead that's makes them more desirable. I bought mine pre-modded so is their an easy wasy to check if it has one of these 'special' leads?
    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

which region as import gamecube rgb lead is a modified component lead plus an analog connection for the sync, so it will have 2 ends that go into the gamecube and a scart connection on the other end for the tv

pal gamecube you'll just have one lead that plugs into the back

if you just bought a gamecube new you will get a composite lead that is 3 plugs yellow, white and red with a scart block adapter and you have to buy the rgb lead as an extra

Comment

It's a Jap Cube that has a switch on the back to play US games.

Comment

then you will need the modified lead to play into rgb

Comment

Cheers mate.

Comment

If you don't have one and have an rgb CRT, then it's essential.

Comment

Not too sure if all the modded cables require the digital connector so if you've got a recent cube (ones without digital connection) you maybe stuck with out RGB. The modded cable i have does require connect to the Digital.

Comment

Yeah they all need the Digital Out on the back, as they are essentially D-Terminal cables with the DAC modified to output RGB instead of YPbPr.

Comment

Does that also mean that you can't use a component cable on a newer cube then?

Comment

Yep....

Comment

think he just wanted to know for selling it

Comment

Working...
                      X