Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are xbox 360s now freely available, because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are xbox 360s now freely available, because...

i just managed to order one from comet, and it's due for delivery on wednesday...i thought there were still meant to be shortages??? did i just get incredibly lucky?

here's the link to the package i got if anyone's still waiting like me: http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/793_312088.html

no probs here....

Comment

I'm not really suprised. It's always like this once xmas is out the way and the major demand resides a little - the machine suddenly become fairly freely available!

Nice one on getting one though, you'll love it I'm sure!

Comment

completely sold out in Coventry still, and there has been 1 shipment of cables since the system launched meaning getting a VGA or RGB cable is completely impossible

Comment

nowhere else has got them online, though. i'd been led to believe it could be well into march without a pre-order...maybe i've not been looking hard enough

Comment

There are only cores around here.

Comment

on the subject of cables, what'll i need for a 28" CRT widescreen? will i need to buy a separate RGB scart to get the best picture? (without a HDTV that is!)

Comment

Hhhhyessth

Comment

Originally posted by petre
                  on the subject of cables, what'll i need for a 28" CRT widescreen? will i need to buy a separate RGB scart to get the best picture? (without a HDTV that is!)
                  fraid so, our GAME HAD a bloody RGB SCART cable (official) in stock, went back day after having got paid an it'd gone

Comment

so the one you get with it's a bit **** is it? a big difference?

Comment

The one you get with it does composite for a regular CRT set. I guess it probably look ok ish if you don't know different but the RGB cable (which I myself have for my CRT set) makes a world of difference!

You would really want to get one if possible.

Comment

i'll have a try in town tomorrow, but it sounds like i'll be lucky to find one. game.net is doing a 'gameware' (own brand, that is) xbox360 rgb cable for ?14.99, d'you reckon that'd be worth a go?

Comment

everywhere round my way has now cleared there preorders and are getting normal stock comming in every week now, hell i could of had 3 thanks to a cock up on gamestations computer but id allredy got one before christmas (core)

still cant get a hard drive though, which is very annoying .

Comment

right, so it sounds like things are getting back to normal then, so i wasn't as lucky as i thought...anyone fancy advising me pn which games to get for wednesday?
                            i've already decided on CoD2, but i'm still considering splurging on another couple as well...kameo, quake 4 possibly, maybe even perfect dark. which ones are worth it, in your experience?

Comment

ive got an official rgb cable already, but havent bothered trying to get a console since the launch.
                              i ought to look into it again really for ridge racer, but i'm too lazy to go look for one in the flesh without stupid packages... and i want it delivered straight to me too.

Comment

Working...
                              X