Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samurai Spirits Tenka + Gigawing Generations any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samurai Spirits Tenka + Gigawing Generations any good?

Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuten ps2 anyone here got this?

Gigawing generations is ?14 on yesasia, worth a go?

Any input will be much appreciated.

GG: G is poor to average at best sort of title. I believe 505 gamestreet are releasing this in pal format later this year so you could wait and buy that one; it'll probably be a tenner!

Comment

I don't like the high-res look of the graphics in GWG, but it's really just the 30fps framerate that seriously hampers it. Otherwise I'd say it's a pretty decent shooter thats still worth a look if you like the Dreamcast games.

(If you've not played the DC games though, get either of them before you consider GWG..)

GigaWing 2>GigaWing>>>>GigaWing Generations

IMO

BTW, I think that'll be the "Taito Best" re-release yesasia are selling for ?14.

SS Tenka seems to be pretty good from what I've read.

Comment

I spent a lot of time playing Samurai Spirits with a mate of mine this weekend, and I have to say it's great fun. I never played much SS games before this one, so I don't know anything about all the technicalities, but there's a boatload of really diverse characters, it looks great with vibrant colours and 3D backgrounds, I really love the soundtrack and the sound quality is great too, much better than the avarage neogeo port (it's an atomiswave game). Haven't played any single player so I can't comment on that, but 2 player is really fun.

There are 6 or 7 different 'grooves' you can pick after selecting your characters. I don't know any japanese and didn't have time to figure it all out, but I noticed differences like some modes give you a parry/dodge button, or different specials etc etc.

Only bad thing I noticed about it is that they censored the blood again, someone really should tell them no one cares about that anymore.

So yeah, I highly recommend it if you like 2D fighters

Comment

If you are going to pick up a fighter, I would recommend KOF Neowave. It is a great port of the arcade game, and I have barely stopped playing it since picking it up.

The Sam Spirits does look good though.

Comment

Should be getting the new samurai shodown game this week will do a first play thread (unless someone does one first)

Gigawing generations i thought was good fun the problem is it pales compared to gigawings 2 which had far better graphics and a more satisfying scoreing system.
            Though it is a VERY short game

Comment

Working...
            X