Co-operative mode FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-operative mode FPS

Quake iv has revitalised the old FPS for me and my lad. Anyone recommend some shooters which allow for a co-op mode rather than deathmatch type action.

I can't think of many TBH. Theres always Halo [edit]or NOT since the pc version doesn't do it [/edit] ... and um .... err ...

You could try a few of the co-op mods out there, Sven Co-op for Half-Life and Last Man Standing for Doom 3.

System Shock 2 is great in co-op but its not exactly a FPS.

The Serious Sam games have decent co-op if your just after some mindless blasting.
    Last edited by manah; 09-02-2006, 01:59.

Comment

System Shock 2 has a co-op mode?
      How does that work in practise?

Comment

Some retro Doom action.

Always good for a laugh.

Comment

PD0 is good in co-op if you have got a 360. Halo 1 and 2 are good too. The xbox Ghost recon games also have quite good co-op modes.

EDIT: Ignore the above, didn't realise you were asking in the PC section. Sorry.

Comment

lol Soi.
            I've played Halo 1 and 2 in coop in you're right it's a lot of fun. Quake II has a coop mode I found out today so I'll be dusting that off after work.

Comment

ironically, Battlefield 2 (with 64 player battles) is actually very "co-op" if you get a squad of friends on voicecomms (e.g. 3 of you doing jeep runs behind enemy lines).

far more challenging than just fighitng a computer.

alternatively, Timesplitters 2 and 3 both have co-op.

Comment

Serious Sam (the original one) has co-op play, I would imagine the new one has it too, but I've never played it so I wouldn't know.

A word of warning though, burst firing in Serious Sam is not needed, better to bring some cellotape and just stick your fire button down...

Comment

Working...
                X