Wipeout 3 Special Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wipeout 3 Special Edition

Did this come out in Japan or just Europe? I know America missed out. If anybody knows where I can buy a Japanese Wipeout 3, Special or Standard edition, please let me know. I looked everywhere I could think of yesterday with no luck.

Had not responce to this question over on rllmuk so I thought you more import savvy people might know. Cheers

PAL only.

Comment

Cheers, I was dissapointed to see the UK version for sale in your thread Kubrick, seeing as nearly everything else you have is Japanese! Any tips for where to find a JP version?

Comment

I've seen Japan WO3 on Play-Asia before. ( indeed Here it is, lovely boxart ). You could sign-up to be notified when it comes back in stock. Otherwise ebay.

Seems quite rare. I got fed up waiting for a JP version to show up, so that's why I have the PAL game.

Comment

I spotted it on PA thanks, awaiting notification already

The boxart is indeed lovely. Never seen it before this week, now I need it!

Comment

i've been trying to get hold of the wipeout games on ntsc but no luck so got the pal ones instead

Comment

the pal versions of playstation wipeouts are superior anyway as they are native pal titles. the ntsc versions are stretched up and run too fast. though the last part can be a nice little extra challenge.

Comment

Yep, in general the pal versions are better in my opinion. Unlike most games, the differences are actually more than just the speed - the handling was changed between territories.

For example there is actually less of a sense of speed in the US ntsc WOXL compared with the pal WO2097, which has floatier and bouncier handling.

Why were you looking just for jp versions in the first place? If you want WO3, you really should be looking for the pal WO3 SE, I reckon.
                Last edited by Dogg Thang; 09-02-2006, 09:13.

Comment

Did you not see the boxart at Play-Asia? It's gorgeous! I have the PAL Special Edition of Wipeout 3 already, it's my favourite of the entire series. I was just curious to see if the Japanese version was optimized for 60hz, although from the reply above it seems not. At least we aren't the only region to get shoddy conversions.....

Comment

Ah okay. Well it was optimised - and, again, the handling was modified. If I remember correctly, the jp version of WO3 had handling that was more like pal WO3SE than pal WO3. Also the jp version has a couple of extra prototype tracks, but they were added to WO3 SE...

Comment

There is a US Wipeout 3 on ebay at the moment incase anybody is interested. Item No. 8259715484

Comment

Working...
                      X