Swap Magic Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap Magic Compatibility

Just read on an eBay auction that Swap Magic (version 3.6 - the latest I think) doesn't work with silver slimline PSTwo's. Is this true? I really wanted to buy it.

Also, can you now boot DVD9 games (e.g. Gran Turismo 4)?

bought mine from here (for old style PS2)

drop 'em a line if no-one here can help.

Swap Magic couldn't load DVD9 discs six months ago and sure v3.6 was out then.

Comment

Is it quick to swap the disks and get started?

I remember I loved DC-X for its simplicity, but I'd tried other DC boot discs which were rubbish.

Comment

I've had mine for couple of years so may have improved since, but swap magic disc is in for under ten seconds then swap over and loading times as per normal. There used to be a vid of loading but can't finding it now, bit of info here;

Comment

Just read on an eBay auction that Swap Magic (version 3.6 - the latest I think) doesn't work with silver slimline PSTwo's. Is this true? I really wanted to buy it.
          I'm 99.9% sure that SW 3.6 works fine with the slimline silver PS2's. I think the confusion is that some of the tools you use to disable the eject mechanism won't work with the silvers (Sony added a blocking plate).

You could use something like this if you don't want to fit a flip top lid:

http://www.ps2stuff.co.uk/index.asp?...T&productid=34

Also, can you now boot DVD9 games (e.g. Gran Turismo 4)?
          Unfortunately not, but only a few games are dvd9 format. You'd need to fit a mod chip to play 'em.

Comment

Working...
          X