Wireless ethernet bridge problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless ethernet bridge problem!

I just got a Netgear ME101 wireless ethernet bridge which im having trouble setting up.

I'm using a Netgear wireless adsl router which i have connected to my PC, PS2, XBox and wireless XBox360, PSP and Laptop.

I got the ME101 so i could have the xbox online in a different part of the house, but i cant get the thing to work.

It's showning the wireless light and LAN light on solid but the xbox and ps2 wont connect thru it.

I've tried setting it up thur my pc and turned all the security off but still nothing.

It says in the manual that should allow a console to connect up with the default settings stored within the ME101 straight away!!??

Any ides what im doing wrong?

I have used one of these as well and it was a little bitch to get working.

I had the NetGear DG834G wireless router and from memory what I had to do to get it working was add both the Xbox MAC Address and the bridges MAC Address into the allowable address list on the router before it started working properly.

Forget what the manual says, it never ever connected to the Xbox with the default settings so bear that in mind. Once it is recognised and setup though it works perfectly. Unfortunately I no longer use the Netgear setup as I've just gone wired now in my new house and use a Belkin router with VOIP.

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
    X