Headset for Battlefield 2 (PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headset for Battlefield 2 (PC)

I have been thinking about getting a headset for use with Battlefield 2 but can't decide between a USB version or one to plug into my Audigy sound card.

Any opinions on which is better?

A standard 3.5mm jack one will probably give you the better sound quality, especially if you have a good sound card to start with

Comment

I had the same dilemna when upgrading my headset last year and in the end I went for the 3.5mm jack after scratting round the internet for reviews. It would appear that the 3.5mm one is supposed to give better sound quality, although I do have friends that use USB ones quite happily too.

GR

Comment

D'OH
        Last edited by Gnorty Rascal; 15-02-2006, 07:03.

Comment

*kofwrongthreadkof*

Comment

I like my sennheiser pc155s, 3.5mm with a usb adapter so you can use it either way.

Though personally, I'm too lasy to rummage around the back of my pc and just use the usb ports on my monitor

Comment

I have a USB one (medusa 5.1 headset) and it doesn't play well with BF2 at all. At least once per map cycle the sound gets totally out of synch and I have to quickly alt-tab to desktop (which with BF2 being the resource hog it is takes about 3 minutes) and alter the headset from 5.1 to 2.1 and then back, which clears the glitch. It's a real shame because other than that the sound quality is fine.

Comment

Working...
              X