Dreamcast Boot Disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast Boot Disc

Downloaded a few boot disc stuff to play imports on PAL DC, burnt them to discs, but they don't work.

Anyone got a tutorial on how to do it?

Thanks

What images are you using? I've only ever had luck with the .cdi Discjuggler images (which are burnt using Discjuggler or Alcohol 120%).
    I never had luck with the .nrg Nero images.

Comment

The download ones don't work across the board. You need to purchase DC-X.

Comment

Utopia boot disc never had a problem for me - download, burn with nero, pop in drive - voila.

Comment

Yeah same for me , they always worked a treat

Comment

I never had a problem with the Action Replay demo that came with DC-UK. I'm sure there must be an image of that around somewhere.

I just got mine chipped anyway. I like to be able to just drop a game in and play it without having to go through the whole swap disc routine, even when I'm running the same game I turned it off with.

Comment

Utopia boot disc here - No problems.

Comment

Yeah I've always used Utopia and it's worked fine

Comment

I'm assuming haha hasn't managed to burn self booting discs rather than it not booting imports or what have you. You want Utopia, just in case you weren't hadn't guessed

Comment

I got a couple of the Utopia images, and burnt it onto disc using the program that came with my DVD writer. I see from the posts here that it depends on the program you use to burn the image?

I'm getting confused now. Why is this?

Comment

Basically the different file formats (.nrg, .cdi etc etc) were all made by each different program, and though nowadays programs do many different image types, not all work very well if it all with complicated stuffs like games. Alcohol 120% does them all (bar Nero) pretty darn well, so give that a shot!

Also, I find it generally a good idea to burn at the slowest speed you can. Always helps with with my games.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys! Just downloaded Alcohol120% and used the .cdi image of Utopia and it worked a treat.

Comment

just be thankful you're not using a Mac - i spent almost an eternity looking for an app that would burn .cdi files without turning the discs into coasters. previous methods included using the utterly rubbish CDRip and various other convert-a-tron apps. nightmare.

now i use a combination of DiscBlaze and an excellent program called 'Double Saucer'
                          Last edited by bingowings; 13-02-2006, 23:56.

Comment

If any Nero users don't fancy faffing about with Alcohol or Discjuggler, there's a little program here that does an ace job of converting .cdi files into something a little more nero friendly. Takes a few minutes, but it's never failed me yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X