Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to stop the PSP autoloading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to stop the PSP autoloading?

Is there a way to stop the PSP autoloading an inserted UMD? Can't seem to find anything in the menu...

Also, if the machine is in 'sleep mode' is it actually using the battery?

no and yes, but not as much... unless they updated the firmware

Comment

I wish all consoles had this as an option. The DS is the only one that springs to mind which has it as an option to not load an inserted game automatically and I've seen people ask for it on both the PSP and 360. Apparently it's planned for a Dashboard update on the 360, though.

Sleep mode uses very little power but it does use some. Just enough to retain the data in memory.

Comment

There is a slightly kludgy way of doing it, which is to turn on the parental controls and set the level to 1. That way it'll ask you for the password rather than booting the game directly (if you set it to 0000 it's quick to enter). Not really ideal, though.

Comment

Just open the disc slot, switch it on, then close it straight away, Easy, and no hassle. Thats what I do.

I never turn my PSP off properly either, just leave it on sleep all the time, its not been turned off for months!

Comment

LOL im always leaving my PSP on sleep, even when i thought i turned it off. Then come back to it a few days later and the damn things dead.

Comment

Working...
            X