Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanning printer paper comes out grey

Hi,
    Got a good scanner here, when a page is white it scans white. However, I'm having real problems with paper that's suitable for printers. It scans the white as splotchy grey.
    Anyone know which filter or setting I should be applying to get this to come out white?
    I've tried line-art but this makes the words awful and doesn't allow for colour scanning at all.
    Any help gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks, Me.

I think, and this is a guess, that the scanner is not doing any white balance. If it's anything like a camera it may be out of calibration abd this may make it grey or....it's not exposing correctly. Underexposed snow in a camera looks like grey stuff.

Is there a way to get your scanner to change exposure or white balance or calibrate the sensor or lamp?

Comment

Found the white balance controls now, thanks. It scans pure white pages like those in a magazine perfectly white, just seems overly aggressive towards the obvious non-whiteness of your standard bit of A4, but there's no way the paper's a mid-grey. The controls are a bit **** and the preview window's the size of a postage stamp, which is a real pain in the arse. I have to scan every time I make an adjustment to check that I've got the settings right.

Comment

Working...
      X