Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2

There is an open beta for beta 2, so if anyone wants to give it a whirl you can do.

Its much improved over the previous beta, which was buiggy as hell.

It also has a few decent options now such as being able to set the search bar to whichever search engine you want, and even set it to search other big sites like wikipedia and about.com

Obviously people are gonna go on about how firefox is better, but I just prefer to have the 1 browser installed.

I have lots o' browsers and I'd say that there is no sure fire "best" one.

While Firefox is much more secure, the range of tags it supports is somewhat smaller than that of IE. Sure, firefox supports the "proper" html tags, but IE. supports "proper" html and Microsoft's sort of customised tags. Downers with IE is the lack of GZ support and decent DL manager.

I use netscape, ie, opera and firefox all for different things! =P
    IE's FTP abilities are better than opera's as it makes it just like browsing folders on your PC. Opera makes it all unessecarily complicated.
    xD I do like them all though haha, I find netscape a bit noobish though, although it looks so damn cool!

Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to add this to my ever growing collection of browsers, you never can have too many when trying to test how sites work on each one.
    : )

Comment

I tried to use firefox once, but its lack of integration with XP bugged me too much, I'd always have a random IE window popping up for no real reason

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
        I tried to use firefox once, but its lack of integration with XP bugged me too much, I'd always have a random IE window popping up for no real reason
        Bizarre - Ive never had that happen to me at all. Might be worth changing to the latest build if you havent already.

Thanks for the IE7 link, Ill give it a whirl.

Comment

Had a quick go and can't say I'm too impressed.

I want to revert back to 6 but can't work out how to. Any help?

I use Opera 99% of the time and since installing this it has stopped links from Outlook Express from immediately opening in Opera. The don't even open on 7.2 beta. Nothing happens. Can't change that back either at the moment so want rid of this.

Comment

You have to use the System Restore process to go back, I could find no uninstall option. Ive gone back to IE6 also, but use Firefox as my default browser.

Comment

You can uninstall it via add/remove programs, it's just a bit of a pain.

First you need to be logged in under the UserID that installed it - then you have to tick the checkbox that says "show updates" - then you should see it under the Internet Explorer block.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                You can uninstall it via add/remove programs, it's just a bit of a pain.

First you need to be logged in under the UserID that installed it - then you have to tick the checkbox that says "show updates" - then you should see it under the Internet Explorer block.
                Cheers mate.

Everything back to normal now

Comment

I like it the text looks cleaner on my screen (laptop) my only gripe is how the hell do you get your favs to come up in the normal view? if you go down your favs list and click on the right arrow it opens all of the contents in tabs.

Comment

I like, only gripe can't figure out how you can maneove the tool bars around/ Not liking the forward/back buttons and URL bit right at the very top. Is there any such way of moving it around?

Comment

Working...
                    X