Looking to buy a stick for Dreamcast shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy a stick for Dreamcast shooters

Yep... I'm a little bit fed up of playing shoot-em-ups with the dreamcast pad and i'm looking to buy an arcade stick.

Is an X-Arcade with dreamcast adapter recommended at all? What do you think I should buy for shoot-em-ups, and where should I buy it from?

Thanks.

The official one is the best by far.

X-Arcade is supposedly laggy anyway.

Comment

Official DC stick all the way baby - 'tis a beaut.

Comment

Official. Got mine ?20 boxed new on ebay. They don't come up that often, but worth the wait. I'd pay twice that.

Comment

Ditto. The official Dreamcast arcade stick is fantastic.

Comment

If you have any existing PS2 Hori sticks, a good option is to use a converter, such as the Total Control Adapter (I think I have Total Control 5, works well).

Otherwise, just get yourself an Official Stick - Not only are they dead cheap as mentioned by charles, but also they're fantastic to modify to real japanese parts if the stock parts break. You really can't get much better than that for the Dreamcast.

Comment

Well, thanks to someone who's just PMed me offering to sell me an official dreamcast stick boxed, i've just bought one. Thanks.

Comment

You can buy 2nd hand arcade stick for 8 quids from gamestation, buit you might have a long wait for it as it depend if the shop have them in stock in right time. I waited 5 months for mine.

Comment

Working...
                X