Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N64 Copying Cartridge Saves?

Hi everyone,
    I am in abit of a pickle - I have a copy of Donkey Kong 64 on which I have a 100% completed save file. However, the label has been torn off the front of the cart (not by me!) and its always bugged me abit, so now with copies being so cheap I bought another copy of DK64 hoping to replay it sometime.

...Thing is I know I will never get round to doing it with there being so many other great games that I havent yet played at all , so I was hoping that someone could tell me if there is someway I can copy one cartridges save file to another cart if its the same game? I was thinking that one of the cheat devices for the N64 must allow you to do this, but which one? Xploder, Action Replay, Gameshark etc? Does anyone know which one would allow me to do this?

If not, the only idea I have left it to open the cartridge itself with a special Gamebit and swap the casing for the other carts casing - but I dont know if you would be able to 'tell' if I had opened it at all - anyone have any knowledge or experience of this?

Or has anyone got another suggestion? Thanks in advance

I had an N64 equaliser which allowed me to do exactly that and save it to a memory card, you could transfer it to another cartridge too. I think the action replay pro could do it too.

Comment

Thanks Can I just double check that it was definately a cartridge save you were able to copy and put back (not on Perfect Dark I hope - as this already has the option to save to both card and cart built in)
      None of the cheat carts seem to advertise the feature, which I find abit odd

Comment

Why not just take the gubbins out and swap shells?

Comment

Personally I'd buy a new cart and start again; you can get 101% in DK64
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
          X