Cable Internet problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable Internet problems

I recently tried hooking up my internet conection to an older computer thats in another room in the house. It hasnt been used for ages and had windows 98 on, everything seemed to be working fine EXCEPT it just wasnt connecting to the internet no matter what I did, explorer was just getting a cant display page window.

The Computer was quite a mess so I installed XP on it and now I'm having even more trouble as whenever I connect my Modem to the PC and turn the power on the computer just freezes up.

Now I'm not really expecting an easy solution to this but any input would be very helpful, my main question is do you think it could be that the network card is dead? (even though when I had windows 98 on it said it was working fine, even though it wasnt) or do I need to contact my ISP and let them know I'm using a different computer?.

have you tried using usb connection on the modem or is it just network card (rj45) connection only

Comment

the card just has a network conection I'm affraid, no USB

Comment

i mean on the modem does it have usb connection as well as you could try that

Comment

Working...
        X