Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICO US or PAL version?

Hi,
    Just sorting myself with a modded PS2 and wondered which version Ico is better to get. I like the idea of the art cards in the PAL release but know the U.S version is cheaper, I've heard the PAL has a PAL60 option how does this compare to the US NTSC??
    Usually wouldn't touch PAL games but the nice set and 60hz option may sway me, just wondered what people think?
    Also should probably ask same question about Shadow Of The..which version?
    Cheers
    Last edited by Escape-To-88; 02-03-2006, 15:28.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

The PAL one has PAL60 yeah, so is in no way inferior to the US version. And nicer cover art. Apparently they made a few small changes too.

(Weird that I know so much about a game I really disliked!)

Comment

The PAL version has tweaks to many of the puzzles, and lots of cool extras when you complete it (being able to understand what Yorda says, for example, is worth it by itself, plus there's a hidden weapon).

Comment

I don't suppose there'll be much difference in price between them now, unless you wanted the card version.

I picked up the NTSC-U version for about a tenner IIRC, but to be honest if I could play PAL games on my PS2 I'd have the PAL version. Apart from the changes to the actual game, the US box art is nasty.

Comment

Working...
        X