Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 Gamma out of control?

Hi all

Just put my 360 that has been sent to me (after sending my broken one back).
    Setup video to 720p and the gamma or brightness of it is really bright.
    If I lower brightness or contrast it does not seem to help.

I'm using a Dell 21" WS monitor, I had no problems before.

If I try res 1024x768 its fine... but in 720p its really kinda gamma high fussy kinad thing.

I've searched and people say putting in 720p fixes.. but its bad in my 720p.

Whats up do I need to send yet another one!

Have you been on live to get the dash updates yet? one of the first thing they added was some VGA fixes

Comment

yea got all the updates....

Comment

Anyone else have ideas, its kinad hurting my eyes.

What does res 1280x768 do? Is that 720p but a little higher as the colour in that seems ok.

Comment

Sounds weird. I have a JVC LT-26A61 LCD TV, and the picture on that with a component cable seems much too bright to me, but switching to VGA sorted it out and I got a much better looking image, contrast and brightness wise.

I think for best performance on a LCD TV / Monitor, you should set the Xbox 360 to the resolution that most closely matches you srceen. If it looks good in 1024 x 768 I'd just leave it in that resolution

Comment

I dont mind leaving it in 1280x768 but whats diffrence apart frmo higher res to 720 to 768

Is it no widescreen etc>?

Comment

1280*768 is just another resolution option incase your TV/Monitor doesn't work with the others. The minimum you want it 1280*768 then the higher the better as the 360 is better at scaling up the resolutions that your monitor will be

Comment

Why is min 1280x768?

Wouldent MIN be 1280x720 for 720p then up higher?

Comment

Originally posted by WazMeister
                  Why is min 1280x768?

Wouldent MIN be 1280x720 for 720p then up higher?
                  mistyped an 8, you are right

Comment

Working...
                  X