Replacing DVD style game cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing DVD style game cases

You know those format specific ones with memory card holders etc.

I'm trying to get all my stuff in a portable form, which means putting all my discs into a big-ass CD wallet and ditching the boxes. Keeping the inlays etc obviously so that one day I could get them back on a shelf... assuming I'd be able to find boxes of course. This is the last doubt I have before it all goes in the bin.

DVD cases would do the job (for everything but Gamecube) but it'd be nice to have the proper boxes for the format.

Anyone know where these come from? Can they be bought seperately? And an even longer shot, what about PS1 and Dreamcast boxes?

Why would you want to throw the cases away, only to replace them later? Why not just stick them all in a box and hide it away somewhere?

Comment

Don't do it!
      Seriously.
      Even if you can get them now, do you really think you'll be able to get them again in a few years time?

Comment

No, I don't think I could but I don't have much choice. The problem is the space they take up - I need to clear out my flat so I can potentially rent it out, and my mum (who lives in Orkney) has said she'll come down with a car and take what she can. I've not been able to sell much so I need to find other ways of cutting down the load.

100+ games in a CD wallet take up a fraction of the space of 100+ DVD cases.

Comment

Rent a small storage space for a few quid a month and stash your unwanted stuff in there.
          Where are you going to live though? Do you not have any space for a box?

Comment

My experience of those CD wallets, is that they scratch your discs to buggery.

Comment

I'm not going anywhere yet, but the intention is to go overseas. I just need to cut the chains holding me back - part of that is having to lug boxes and boxes of stuff everywhere I go.

I've considered storage but I'd be happier putting the discs up to my mum's anyway - so I'm sure it wouldn't take long for me to get fed up of paying for storage for empty boxes.

Kubrick that might be the case if you take them in/out all the time but I don't intend to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                My experience of those CD wallets, is that they scratch your discs to buggery.
                Yup, was gonna point that out as well. ft: Never gonna use the damn things again... much rather keep the games in their cases. Not very portable, but looks better on the shelf. Plus, keeps the games mint.

Comment

How long are you going overseas? Got no mates who have a bit of spare space for a box or two?

Comment

Sounds like it would probably be less hassle just to sell everything. Just buy everything back again when the time comes.

Comment

Don't know, would like to think there's the possibility of never coming back - the point is if I leave stuff with friends then that's not much of a clean break, I'd always have this obligation to come back and relieve them of it.

Sounds like it would probably be less hassle just to sell everything. Just buy everything back again when the time comes.
                      I've sold what I can but some stuff won't shift unless I drop the price to a point where it's not worth selling.
                      Last edited by Darwock; 06-03-2006, 10:58.

Comment

Darwock, ive found that spindels hold CDs/Dvds nicley and they dont really scratch the surface of the discs. Maybe use a few of them?

I have to also contest that you jus might regret shedding the boxes in the future. If you are desperate to shift games, you could always lower prices i guess. Jus a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                          I've sold what I can but some stuff won't shift unless I drop the price to a point where it's not worth selling.
                          Like what? I'll buy any old ****

Comment

That's sort of my point - none of it is **** to me, but from looking at prices I'd have to expect to sell some stuff for ?2 or ?3. Even selling Parappa for ?10, I mean that's seemingly a good price for an old PS1 game but I wouldn't want to part with it for the sake of a tenner. The difficulty I may have replacing things in future makes it seem more sensible to just store everything as easily as possible.

In fact if that's all stuff is worth why am I worried about the boxes, it doesn't make much sense really.

Comment

You can store everything at my place.

Seriously though, don't throw them cases/boxes away. You'll regret it big time.

Comment

Working...
                              X