General Bemani games questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Bemani games questions

OK, so while I'm a big fan of music/rhythm games like Parappe, Um Jammer Lammy, Ouendan etc etc, I haven't had all that much exposure to some of the more modern ones like DDR, Beatmania and Pop n' Music.

I've seen PnM 8, 9, 10 and 11 (I think that's the ones) are on "The Best" label in Japan and are fairly cheap and I know I'll be picking up one or more of those eventually.

I've only got and played DDR 2nd Mix (JP version) on the Dreamcast and am looking for the best PS2 version(s). Basically the one with the best/most songs really.

As for Beatmania, I'm tempted by IIDX 9th Style but am put off by reports it's really hard. As I've never experienced Beatmania in any shape or form before, where would be the best place to start in terms of PS2 games?

Thanks!

yeah, the recent beatmania's have been really hard, i personally wouldnt bother with it.

I'd preorder guitar freaks and drummania with the drum and guitar controllers from yesasia (although the lot will cost you over ?100) or buy pop'n music 11 (my favorite of the series) and the pop'n music controller (around ?35) from yesasia if you only want to spend a little.

Comment

most of the ddr mixes on ps2 are good, I especially like max and max2 (us and japanese versions are different, get both ), and Extreme.

Personally I now prefer Pump It Up, on ps2 in it's Exceed guise. The pad with the game is really good quality. In fact there's a review of it on this very site > http://www.ntsc-uk.com/review.php?pl...game=PIUExceed
      </shameless self promotion>

Comment

where would be the best place to get Pump It Up and the mat from? i've had a little go on the arcade machine, but hear alot of people prefer it to ddr.

Comment

Play-Asia do it.

Pump it up EXCEED (w/ Dancing Mat) for PlayStation 2PlayStation2™ port of the Korean music gameFeatures similar gameplay to Konami's DDR/Dancing Stage seriesIncludes 100+ songsSupports Arcade Mode, Original Mode, Freestyle Mode, Internet ranking and moreSoft dancing mat controller size: 98 x 91cmLanguage: English/Korean (fully selectable)Manual: KoreanPump It Up Exceed is a dance simulation game with 3D animation, and the first one from the series ported to PS2™. The game allows players to select a song, choose a category such as Banya Category, POP Category and Korea Song Category and select their chosen level of difficulty. Players then step on the ...

Comment

anywhere cheaper?! or is that a good price?

Comment

Working...
            X