Rhythm games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhythm games!

Right, basically i'm looking for decent rhythm games to play. I'm more a fan of the "out there" ones.. Ones I have played (and loved) are:

Um Jammer Lammy
    Parappa the Rapper 1+2
    Ouendan
    Frequency/Amplitude

I'm not really a fan of the DDR/Beatmania series, so they are out of the question..

So, are there any others that I really should play??

Cool Cool Toon
    Band Brothers
    Donkey Konga 1+2+3
    Vib Ribbon (and it's sequels)
    Parappa the Rapper 2
    Samba De Amigo
    Space Channel 5
    That NTSC-J Namco series on the PS2 (someone help me out )

Hope that helps,
    Last edited by gingerj; 08-03-2006, 09:09.

Comment

You simply Have to play

Bust A Move - Dance & Rhythm Action
      Bust A Move 2 - Dance Tengoku Mix

iS - Internal Section

I loved the Bust a Move (Called Bust a Groove in the UK) series

And it just so happens i've got all three for sale!

Comment

Ah yes, i forgot to add donkey konga to the list. I have horrible horrible memories of having incredibly sore hands after a long session of that, before I realised you didnt actually have to clap, and could just tap the drums...... Boy, did I feel stupid

Cheers gingerj - i've been thinking about checking out Band Brothers, so I may well get on ebay later today!
        Last edited by supersmithy; 08-03-2006, 09:14.

Comment

jeimuzu_uk - what system are those games on? and how much are you asking for them?

Comment

They're all PSone Jap dude, all immaculate too. PM'd

Comment

I agree with jeimuzu_uk on Bust a Groove - if you like rhythm games you need to play the first two.

Comment

Originally posted by supersmithy
                Ah yes, i forgot to add donkey konga to the list. I have horrible horrible memories of having incredibly sore hands after a long session of that, before I realised you didnt actually have to clap, and could just tap the drums...... Boy, did I feel stupid
                Frankly, if you meekly tap the drums instead of "PAN"ing loudly until the joints in your fingers bleed, then you arent playing it properly and should be derided by your gaming peers!

Comment

Gitaroo Man was my favourite and if you complete it then it will make you better at all rhythm games. Well it did for me

Comment

Originally posted by erhgiez
                    Gitaroo Man was my favourite and if you complete it then it will make you better at all rhythm games. Well it did for me
                    Forgot to add gitaroo man to the list too. I only ever got to the 2nd level (i think) and there was a sudden difficulty hike. I will however, go back to it sometime soon, and make it feel my bitch. ?_?

Comment

Am interested in the Bust-A-Move (Groove) games, if SuperSmithy isn't. Jeimuzu, you have PM.

Comment

Gitaroo man can be a swine yes, especially shark attack level Great game though.

Comment

Samba De Amigo (if you can afford it) is definitely one to buy. Probably the best rythm game I've played ever.

Comment

Originally posted by babs
                            Gitaroo man can be a swine yes, especially shark attack level Great game though.
                            That level got me for days and I left it for about half a year, when I came to play it again no probs..strange, but its all about the skeletons and the church!

Comment

Working...
                            X