Help needed with PS2 Component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with PS2 Component

I have a problem in that I only have a component cable for my chipped ps2, I gave away the scart lead that came with it..

Trouble is I now realize that you need to set component video in the ps2 menu before plugging it in...

When I use the component lead I only get sound no picture, but I can hear the menu screan start up so I know its working.

Question is would someone be willing to describe the steps the switch on the component video in the menu.....

I need it exactly step by step as I will be doing it BLIND....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

Im at work and had to do this for a friend the other day,so its from memory.

down,x,down,down,down,x,left,x.

Ill be home about 7.30 if thats not right and pm you it then if that helps.

Nick

ps,on my Jpn machine,its O instead of X. I think on pal or us its X

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
      Im at work and had to do this for a friend the other day,so its from memory.

down,x,down,down,down,x,left,x.

Ill be home about 7.30 if thats not right and pm you it then if that helps.

Nick

ps,on my Jpn machine,its O instead of X. I think on pal or us its X
      I've just checked it, and that should be it.

Comment

Genius!!!!

Worked perfectly first time....

Thank you very much.

Aaron

Comment

Will using

Will using component on a ps2 allow you to play games that arent pro scan still on a component input TV or monitor? i.e you dont have to swap leads from component to say scart for games in ordinary 480i to display the video?

Comment

Aye, it will work fine on a TV (don't know which monitors would accept interlaced?). I think PS2's 480i looks better over component than RGB, too, but that may be down to my setup.

Comment

Originally posted by ucci
              Will using component on a ps2 allow you to play games that arent pro scan still on a component input TV or monitor? i.e you dont have to swap leads from component to say scart for games in ordinary 480i to display the video?
              They probably won't display on a monitor as most don't support 480i. However, on an lcd or plasma screen you'll be fine. Quality is on a par with an rgb lead.

Comment

Thanks. Will keep this in mind as am saving for a new screen at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                X