he's a good seller, took a week to get here

i tried the game without the dpad and it was near enough unplayable

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon
      i got mine from this guy

he's a good seller, took a week to get here

i tried the game without the dpad and it was near enough unplayable
      i've got one now but i wouldnt say its unplayable

i managed to finish all the normal games inc dramatic battle without the d-pad

a bad workman and all that........

Comment

cheers lads, can you remove it once stuck on, and any probs sticking it back on??
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

i found it near enough unplayable because i use cammy and a lot of diagonal jumps. thats what made it unplayable..

"JUMP BACKWARDS YOU BITCH!!!"

Escape - they are attached via little adhesive pads. if you remove it once stuck on i imagine it won't stick properly again without attaching more adhesive to it

it's well worth getting one, not just for capcom games, anything that needs a dpad is much better with it

Comment

you could stick a ten pence piece on the d-pad. the guys on the 1up show did that, it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
              a bad workman and all that........
              Using the 'bad workman' analogy for the PSP d-pad is misplaced. Unless you mean the bad workman happens to be working with a handful of stones instead of a toolbox.

The PSP d-pad is cack, plain and simple. Not only does the d-pad add-on make playing SFA3 much easier, it makes it far more enjoyable. More than that, it makes Darkstalkers playable and even makes Guilty Gear (which wasn't as reliant on diagonals) more fun to play. Just because you 'got through' the game doesn't mean that the PSP d-pad is good.

It's unfortunate that the d-pad add-on doesn't seem to be widely available. I'm still hoping, for the sake of PSP owners everywhere, that a third party starts churning them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
                Using the 'bad workman' analogy for the PSP d-pad is misplaced. Unless you mean the bad workman happens to be working with a handful of stones instead of a toolbox.

The PSP d-pad is cack, plain and simple. Not only does the d-pad add-on make playing SFA3 much easier, it makes it far more enjoyable. More than that, it makes Darkstalkers playable and even makes Guilty Gear (which wasn't as reliant on diagonals) more fun to play. Just because you 'got through' the game doesn't mean that the PSP d-pad is good.

It's unfortunate that the d-pad add-on doesn't seem to be widely available. I'm still hoping, for the sake of PSP owners everywhere, that a third party starts churning them out.
                Have you considered using the analogue nub? Its what I use for SFZ3^^, Gradius, Star Soldier etc and I find it better than using a d-pad. Its like using a mini arcade stick once you get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                  Have you considered using the analogue nub? Its what I use for SFZ3^^, Gradius, Star Soldier etc and I find it better than using a d-pad.
                  I've started using the nub for Star Soldier; it makes weaving through streams of bullets much easier.

Comment

Hmmm...no actually, I haven't tried it for SFZ3. I did use it for Guilty Gear though and it was okay - the thumb position being lower caused a problem in that my thumb's natural left/right movement didn't match the PSP's layout. Now that I have the d-pad add-on, I don't think I'd go back to trying the nub for a fighter. That's just me though.

Comment

why is it

the tool is the PSP d-pad, i agree its pretty mince but if you dont have the dpad you have to make do

and the game is still playable without it - thats my point

infact i can get just as far in the game using either option

maybe occassionally i move wont pull off properly - but its not as bad as people make out

i tried using the analogue nub and i get jumping in the air after every fireball motion - maybe just my sausage fingers

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                        why is it

the tool is the PSP d-pad, i agree its pretty mince but if you dont have the dpad you have to make do
                        Exactly. It's 'mince'. It's unfair to someone a 'bad workman' for not liking it. Sometimes even a good workman can do little with the tools he is given.

Comment

Exactly. It's 'mince'. It's unfair to someone a 'bad workman' for not liking it. Sometimes even a good workman can do little with the tools he is given.
                          exactly

a good workman should make the best of the bad tools he is given and do the best he can

i'm crap at fighters and i found it quite easy to use

*edit*
                          being playing alot of streetfighter 3rd strike on the PS2 lately and with the PSP i still suffer from the sweaty hands panic and end up no matter how hard i try i never ever pull off a super when i need it

but thats the same with the dual shock 2
                          Last edited by buster_broon; 09-03-2006, 16:03.

Comment

i had trouble just trying to walk diagonally in tales of eternia.

Comment

Working...
                            X