Spreadsheet for Intel iMac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spreadsheet for Intel iMac?

Anybody know of any that are free? Microsoft's package is over ?300! I'm not paying that!

While I'm here does anybody know of any Mac product similar to 3DMark?

Thankyou

Either www.download.com or google should be able to help you out.

Comment

You could try OpenOffice under X11. I don't think that NeoOffice is available for the Intel Macs yet sadly.

By the way, you can buy Excel on its own for ?177 from Amazon. But I imagine that that is still about ?177 too much!

Other options, but which cost money, include Mariner Calc and Papyrus. But I would try OpenOffice in the first instance, since it should do the job well.

[EDIT: On DavidHolliss' point, Macupdate.com and Versiontracker.com are always good places to get an idea of what is available, or to find where to download apps from.]
      Last edited by Cobertizo; 09-03-2006, 09:30.

Comment

Appleworks?

/edit Just noticed you mention an Intel-Mac. Oops looks like the software range for early adopters is a bit ****e
        Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 09-03-2006, 09:29.

Comment

There's an alpha of an OOo port to Intel Mac here > http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/2.0.x-intel.html

Might be worth a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser
            Appleworks?
            The new version of Pages in iWork (which will be the replacement for Appleworks, when they fill it out a bit more) has some advanced table functionality, which might be sufficient for basic spreadsheets. Depends what the spreadsheet is necessary for...

Comment

openoffice is great if you can run it under x11, suprised theres no native port yet, it can't be all that X dependant if it runs on windows too

Comment

There is <a href="http://www.neooffice.org/">NeoOffice</a>, which is a native port, but it doesn't support Intel Macs yet, to my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                X