I've just bought a pirate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just bought a pirate?

Hi all. I just won a Shadow of the Colossus off eBay, it all went well with the guy asking if I had a NTSC ps2 first & so on. However when it gets here today... Well, I'm fully sure it is a knock off & feel daft for asking here, but I just want to get 100% back up before I go to the guy really. As I said, it's ntsc/uc but has a sparkle to the front of the box & the asian info on the bottom of the back, can any one give me the back of the US box in case he asks for proof? It just looks really shonky, but it's still sealed so I've not opened it in a hope it'll help me get him to take it back.
    Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files

Fake

Comment

Mega fake

Comment

i will post you some pictures of the US version when i get home tonight

Comment

Cheers all, I'll start the ball rolling with the guy & see how it goes....

Comment

Here you go mate:

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc014308ig.jpg

Last edited by smallvillex; 11-03-2006, 11:16.

Comment

Those holographic type covers are an instant giveaway. I don't know why the pirates insist on using them?

Comment

Yeah, it should look like that without that stuff that looks like cannabis plant leaves over the artwork. I've noticed a few fake PS2 games with that on the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                  Yeah, it should look like that without that stuff that looks like cannabis plant leaves over the artwork.
                  .....so true

Comment

Thanks Smallvillex. As I said, knew it was, but wanted to make sure. Sent him a mail about it & will await the reply. Now to find another one as well. lol

Comment

No worries mate

I just hope he refunds your money!!

Comment

its probably a hong kong silver pirate copy as it has a usa front cover and asian back cover

how come its sealed ? does the seal have playstation or anything on the tear off strip

Comment

Naw, it's just some bog standard plastic reseal job. It did have some sticker over the side though, but it's been ripped off & so can only see a few letters here & there.

Comment

Serious question? It's either a fake, or Sony have started printing Chinese on the back of American games and putting a white box at the top of the Playstation logo strip

Comment

would this work without a chipped ps2 anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X