Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here with a Samsung Plasma TV and A XBox 360??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here with a Samsung Plasma TV and A XBox 360??

Bit of a strange problem i have,ive had this 42" Samsung Plasma Panel since Xmas,and no problems atall,i know all about screenburn ect,and read the manual properly.

Trouble is i just got an XBox 360(premium) and plugged the component cables in,not the audio as im using an optical output and there is some interferance which looks like screenburn with dots just appearing in the background.

Its not a problem with screen burn as the other modes of the TV,watching a DVD,TV,VGA ect dont have this problem,pressing the output button,Ext1 Ext 2,all fine,but its on the Component mode where you can see the problem??

Im guessing i might have to get someone here to look at it,does anyone know if the XBox 360 causes any kind of interferance or that bloody great big power adaptor cause problems in the background atall???

Ive taken a picture below,if you look carefully towards the corner you can see like a green pattern there in the background against the dark colour of the signal pattern.

If anyone can help,especially if you have a Samsung TV,id be very greatfull to you all.

Many Thanks
    Last edited by Shinjuku Highway; 11-03-2006, 23:45.

I have a 42" Samsung plamsa, are the dots you are talking about white/light purple? Once, when I turned on the 360 & played condemned I had lots of them dots in all the dark parts of the screan & going back to the dashboard didnt clear them. Turned it off & ran a dvd, it was fine after a few mins. My machine only did it the once in it's short life & It's not happened since on the new one (touch wood). Not a lot of help I know, sorry. The only thing diff in our set up is I'm just running a amp off the TV it's self.

Comment

Thanks for helping,yeah what it is,you know when you press the input button,and you have a blue screen for Ext 1 and 2 and all the inputs ect,when i go to Component,all of a sudden towards the bottom and right corner these dots start to appear,its not burn because ive checked that and watching anything else,this strange business does'nt occur.

Is something wrong with the TV Component output,or is it to do with the 360 atall,any thoughts???

thanks by the way

Comment

That looks a lot more condensed then on mine, but it was also on the right panel & I dont recall much, if any popping up on the left. Also, it was only with the 360, in the year before getting it none of the other consoles gave me a problem, barring my poor saturn... You're plugging it straight in to the TV, no splitters? Have you also tried running the sound from the TV, to see if it is the optical that's giving the problem?

Comment

Hi,

well i will try disconnecting the optical,but even last night,i took everything away,the power box,the console and disconnected all the leads from the back,and yet the problem was still there when i plugged in the PS2 Component Lead.

Maybe i will have to ring Samsung on Monday and get someone to look at this,its definately not burn or an issue with dead pixels,its like some kind of interferance but its really bugging me.

Comment

Well ive just removed the optical lead from the component cables,and thats made no differance.

It can't be damage to the pixels on the TV because you would notice that on any other outputs like a DVD or video,TV ect:

Im wondering if there is something at fault with the component sockets on this TV??

Thats what it looks like to me.

Comment

You can see it quite clearly here,on the bluescreen background in the corner you can see all the greenish pattern,and when i use the test signal option,on the dark colour here you can can very clearly see it.

Comment

Working...
              X