Soundtracks: Ever Anime = bootlegs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soundtracks: Ever Anime = bootlegs?

I've been sorting out my CDs, and some of the game soundtracks I bought back in the day (before I knew about eBay and piracy) now look a little suss to me, basically all the ones on this Ever Anime label.

Would I be right in thinking they're not originals?

Well no,if they are on the Ever Anime lable they are cheap reproductions of the original JAP OST's,i think the reason why some people if not all are attracted to buying these,or those on other lables like Sonmay,is because paying ?25+ for Japanese OST's is bloody expensive.

Ive got a large collection of JAP OST's but recently bought a couple of Anime OST's from an Ebay seller,and having recieved them they are fantastic quality in every respect.

There are a few sellers on Ebay that are selling these CD's,so your not the first and won't be the last.......
    Last edited by Shinjuku Highway; 12-03-2006, 11:27.

Comment

Yup, Ever Anime are boots. The Pirate Anime FAQ should help.

If you scroll down to "Audio CDs" you can read all about Ever Anime.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinjuku Highway
        Well no,if they are on the Ever Anime lable they are cheap reproductions of the original JAP OST's
        Another way of saying Bootleg, surely?

Comment

Not only are they booties, but they're obviously cheaply produced which results in lesser sound quality and/or glitches. In my early VGM buying days I got suckered into a could of these, and I had a right duff Final Fantasy Tactics with jumpy tracks.

Comment

In my earlier ebay days, I used to buy bootleg anime because I had such little money at the time.

Recently, I have thrown away all my bootleg because I have come to realise that they are no more 'genuine' than a copy downloaded from the net, and have been rebuying my entire collection on DVD.

All the money wasted on bootlegs.... they were a short term solution, that never quite filled the hole like an original does.
            Suppose it matters to me more, being so picky about the quality of the footage (used to do a lot of encoding).

Comment

Originally posted by Shinjuku Highway
              ,is because paying ?25+ for Japanese OST's is bloody expensive.
              Well, you dont need to pay ?25+ for the originals anyway

?12-20 will cover 80% of them - for originals

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                Another way of saying Bootleg, surely?
                Yes exactly,bootlegs ie: cheap reproductions.

Why is it that Ebay being the crap organisation that it is,still continues to allow this kind of product to be sold,i mean they can be quick enough to suspend you for not putting your telephone no down with registering,but allow piracy in this form??

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy_sephy
                  Well, you dont need to pay ?25+ for the originals anyway

?12-20 will cover 80% of them - for originals
                  Im sorry but don't agree with you there atall.

Ive got about 100+Original JAP OST's,have no counterfeits atall,and a lot of them having been bought from Play Asia cost over ?20!!!

Finding them second hand even on Ebay is pretty hard in this country so ?12-?20,not sure where your coming from on that one.

Comment

my Gitaroo Man cd is an Ever Anime...
                    never knew it was dodgy.

Comment

With regards to eBay, they have been contacted on numerous occasions about the amount of bootleg VGM on there and haven't once done a thing about it. This has been an issue for years. It's actually tough to find original VGM on eBay and, unless you know the seller, it is often difficult to find out whether a cd is a bootleg or not.

Comment

A typical 4 disc ost (limited pressing too)may be ?23, but even with looking on playasia now, the average regular edition is ?12-20.

Sure, some will be more, and some will be less (given things such as reprints, popularity, extras etc). Also, Yesasia charge above the japanese retail price (as an example the Dirge of cerberus limited is 600yen above rrp).

The fact is, the majority dont cost more then ?20 (as a middle ground ?18 seems the most common on playasia), and certainly not over ?25. As for second hand, I'll just get them from japanese ebay sellers thanks
                        Last edited by Dandy_sephy; 12-03-2006, 14:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
                          With regards to eBay, they have been contacted on numerous occasions about the amount of bootleg VGM on there and haven't once done a thing about it. This has been an issue for years. It's actually tough to find original VGM on eBay and, unless you know the seller, it is often difficult to find out whether a cd is a bootleg or not.
                          To be fair, most sellers on ebay are after the clueless buyer, and its easy to spot the fakes if you know what you are looking for.

Comment

Indeed. It's simple enough to avoid bootlegs with anime DVD's - if it's region 0, and claims to have the entire series over relatively few discs, then it's 99% sure to bootleg.

Little harder to tell with an OST mind, especially if they use the retail cover art.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy_sephy
                              A typical 4 disc ost (limited pressing too)may be ?23, but even with looking on playasia now, the average regular edition is ?12-20.

Sure, some will be more, and some will be less (given things such as reprints, popularity, extras etc). Also, Yesasia charge above the japanese retail price (as an example the Dirge of cerberus limited is 600yen above rrp).

The fact is, the majority dont cost more then ?20 (as a middle ground ?18 seems the most common on playasia), and certainly not over ?25. As for second hand, I'll just get them from japanese ebay sellers thanks
                              It allways cost me more than ?20 for any soundtrack from Play Asia,but then this was via Dave at JPN Games,and not direct with them.
                              I get them now myself from Japanese Ebay Sellers aswell,thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X