Samsung LE26R41B LCD and old consoles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE26R41B LCD and old consoles

I've got a Samsung LE26R41B LCD and while my xbox 360, xbox, PS2 & gamecube all look great on it. My ps1, saturn and dreamcast look nasty. At the moment it looks very blocky, I'm putting it down to the resolution.

Does anyone know of anything that can be done to improve the picture image.

sorry to highjack the thread but i just wondering if your ps2 image look blurred by any chance? i'm running my ps2 through component into a 42"lcd and the picture seems to wobble whilst when i run it through composite it just looks blurred.

felt sick after 5min gaming!

Comment

looks fine mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenji
        I've got a Samsung LE26R41B LCD and while my xbox 360, xbox, PS2 & gamecube all look great on it. My ps1, saturn and dreamcast look nasty. At the moment it looks very blocky, I'm putting it down to the resolution.

Does anyone know of anything that can be done to improve the picture image.
        Use RGB cables for each of them, and switch to 4:3 when you are playing them, otherwise the image is being smeared into widescreen

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
          Use RGB cables for each of them, and switch to 4:3 when you are playing them, otherwise the image is being smeared into widescreen
          I've tired that the picture still doesn't look as good compared to when I ran them 28" CRT.

Might have to have get a CRT again just for my older consoles.

Comment

Yeah its a different quality of image on an LCD, its not good for low res stuff, the dreamcast should be ok, you could always get a vga box for it and connect it via that.

Comment

Yeah, the Dreamcast should look decent through VGA. I have the same TV and my DC is connected that way.

If you have your PS2 connected through component try running your PS1 games on it. I was playing Symphony of the Night the other day which looked fine, but I haven't tried any of the 3D games so I'm not sure how they look.

It pretty much is the resolution that's causing it. I think most PS1 and Saturn games are 320x240 so they're being upscaled quite a long way to 1024x768.

Comment

Working...
              X