Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 5 best PC games to test a system

Guys,

My powerhouse pc will be arriving in the next week or so and im starting to gather some games to try on it, the machine ive got just now aint the best in the world so im going through some of the classics. But I also want to see just how good some games can look

Ive got the following ready so far

Chronicles of Riddick
    Doom 3
    Quake 4
    F.E.A.R.
    Half Life 2
    Farcry
    GTA: SA
    X3
    BF2
    Oblivion

Anything else?

My spec is

Athlon FX-60, 2gb ddr, 600GB HDD, 2x7900 GTX 512MB, and i got a 21 inch LCD so i think i can do up to 1600x1200

cheers
    Last edited by oblivion_6; 14-03-2006, 07:47.

Solitaire?? LOL

I reckon that lot covers it plus add in CoD II. Enjoy

Comment

i would drop Fear and doom 3 from that list, Fear is bland beyond compare, there are only so many maze like office buildings you can wander around before you wonder why exactley dose this game have such a high spec.

Doom 3 is pretty redudant next to Quake 4, both have similar art styles the only diffrence is Quake actualy lets you see what your doing most of the time, neither are great games but Quake 4 is the better of the two and has the multi player suport there to.

Halflife 2 i would say is still one of the best looking pc game's available at the moment, (the lost coast looks lovely and is well worth the dl despite its shortness) and far cry is still quite good two though it is looking a bit rough arround the edges these days, its a lot better game than the likes of doom 3 and quake 4 though and the size of the maps is breathtakeing, its fun to explore the island as much as it is too shoot people too.

And how could you leave battlefield 2 off your list this is an essential and will give your pc quite a work out

I dont envy you though all in i reckon you have about a days worth of instaling and patching there, Half Life 2 being the worst as the install takes a good hour or two to update and patch these days because of the bloated steam updates.

Comment

X3 the threat would look pretty good

Also next week elders scrolls: oblivion should look pretty stunning on a setup like that

Comment

Add in San Andreas, and whop all the settings plus the draw distance to max, then stand on top of the giant building/Mount Chiliad, you'll get a great view.

Comment

Hee hee cheers guys

Yeah oblivion is already pre ordered so that should be pretty decent, hmm San andreas never thought about that nice nice

BF2 man how could i forget, my junk pc died under that lol

I plan to spend a good day or two settin up the pc anyways so im not fussed, managed to scam some holiday time

Comment

i think there is a mod for san andreas that increases the draw distance quite drastically.

Think that would put your computer to the test

Also download 3dmark does not play that good but it looks great
              Last edited by eastyy; 14-03-2006, 08:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski
                i would drop Fear and doom 3 from that list, Fear is bland beyond compare, there are only so many maze like office buildings you can wander around before you wonder why exactley dose this game have such a high spec.
                HORRAY! I am not alone! What the hell was the fuss about? Crappy control system and BORING BORING maze levels. Ran OK my rig, (7800GT, 2GB DDR2, P4 3.0) but looked no where as good as FarCry!

****arooon game. I just don't know why people loved it so much.

It's rare for me to have such outbursts, sorry.

Normal service will resume.

As for FPS testing, I like the nvidia demos.

Comment

San Andreas is really cool with the super fast motion of cars, and if you have a good computer you can crank the draw distance and settings to MAX and then goto the top of a building or mountain, good stuff.

Comment

GTR

Comment

Jeeezus, what a system!

You're in Glasgow - can I come over and play on it?

Comment

splinter cell chaos theory

Comment

Would love to see rome:total war running on a system like that

Comment

Hmmm never tried rome:total war

oh splinter cell superb, whens the new one out btw?

and magna you'll be able to track my system down by following the power surges over in the south side

Comment

Instead of Rome total war you'd be better off trying something more graphically intense like the new Battle for middle earth game.

San andreas still looks like **** at 1280*1024 with full AA and the draw distance set to full, blandsville

Comment

Working...
                              X