jap ps1 games - where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jap ps1 games - where to buy?

trying to get into the jap ps1, but i don't know many places that have decent stocks of jap ps1 games, ebay are useless.

So anyone here know any decent places to purchase jap ps1 games?

Thanks for any replies

Well if you want to buy in the uk, vgi are the only place i know of with a decent selection. The best option is to get em direct from sellers based in japan or international ebay sellers. Id also like to hear about any good uk jpn ps1 sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
      Well if you want to buy in the uk, vgi are the only place i know of with a decent selection. The best option is to get em direct from sellers based in japan or international ebay sellers. Id also like to hear about any good uk jpn ps1 sellers.
      i buy from vgi once in a while, but you will need pretty deep pockets if you want to buy from them regularly.

Strange how i'm struggling to find places to buy jap ps1 games when it one of the most successful consoles of all time

Comment

Strange how i'm struggling to find places to buy jap ps1 games when it one of the most successful consoles of all time
        They're scarcer for a number of reasons. One being that people have less reason to get rid of them since they can still be played on PS2.

Play-asia sell them too and are generally cheaper than VGI, but JP sellers on ebay is the best place to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
          They're scarcer for a number of reasons. One being that people have less reason to get rid of them since they can still be played on PS2.

Play-asia sell them too and are generally cheaper than VGI, but JP sellers on ebay is the best place to get them.
          do you know of any jap ebay sellers? if so please tell

thanks

Comment

RXMDX
            Palet
            Yamatoku
            Hit-Japan

These all sell PS1 games regularly and there's plenty more. Do a Worldwide search for "JP" or "Japan" (not JAP) PlayStation/PS1 etc

Comment

Japanese Toys and Videogames Store
              ACE Games Store

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                These all sell PS1 games regularly and there's plenty more. Do a Worldwide search for "JP" or "Japan" (not JAP) PlayStation/PS1 etc
                You'll miss out on quite a bit by not using "jap" - no matter how you view the word, thats how many people list

Personally, I when searching for japanese games I use a string like "(jp, jpn, jap, japan, japanese) saturn".

Anything within brackets, seperated by a comma will be treated as OR choices

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy_sephy
                  Personally, I when searching for japanese games I use a string like "(jp, jpn, jap, japan, japanese) saturn".
                  More concisely you could type "(jp*,jap*) saturn" using your example. Occasionally you'll find some people who use "ntscj" or "ntsc-j" instead.

Comment

Ah good idea.

I did use to search for ntsc-j, so i'm not sure why i forget to do it now

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy_sephy
                      You'll miss out on quite a bit by not using "jap" - no matter how you view the word, thats how many people list
                      I know, but Japanese sellers don't use the term, so you'll find nothing from them.
                      A "JAP" search just returns stuff mostly from Europeans.

Comment

True, but if you use the (a,b,c) type string alongside a worldwide search, then you wont miss a thing

Comment

Working...
                        X