Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3/Xbox 360 Question

Samsung 32" LE32R41B

Will this TV be good enough to get the best out of the PS3/Xbox 360?

I don't want another TV problem when I need a HDTV. This has had great reviews, I'll get it if will show the PS3 at it's best.

Seems to meet spec - has a Component input for 360, HDMI input for PS3, good to go.

Comment

Quite a few of us here have that TV, its a very good all rounder. Although if you have a bit of extra cash there are some better alternatives

Comment

I'm getting that for my bedroom, hopefully it's light enough to hang on our thin walls! I have a 42" Samsung plasma in the front room, and I've been really impressed with the current generation of Samsung stuff. Even have one of their new PC screens as well.

They represent really good value for money, as well as offering pretty much the latest features (HD, HDMI, etc) althought of course if you throw more money at it, there are better products out there.

Play.com is also the cheapest for that TV that I can find, and it'll defintely accept 720p and 1080i from both Xbox 360 and PS3. I just wish it had the straight styling of the plasma series, and not the slanted diaganols at the bottom.

Comment

Cool. I'm glad it seems to live up to the hype. =)

How is the brightness on it? Some people complain about LCDs being overly bright.

When not using the HDMI socket, is the quality of the TV still good? I'd like to use my PS2 on it. After seeing how my Sanyo has terrible picture quality that makes text/2D games far from solid looking...well, I don't want to find that it has issues like my 32" CRT. And no, I don't sit that close to the TV.

Also, although this might be a stupid question, does it have an RPG centring option? I'm not sure if only CRTs have annoying border issues.

I've a perfect 28" Sony CRT for gaming I was planning on getting. Clear picture, RPG centring, everything. I'm trying to work out if I should get that, get the Samsung HDTV or wait until the Samsung goes down in price and get it with the PS3.

Comment

Many people seem to report the Samsung screens having pretty hideous RGB Scart support, though manybe someone here who owns the set can confirm/deny this.

Comment

When Lyris had one, he was telling me that it didn't have a backlight option, just a sensor, but I don't know if that's changed with firmware updates. Also he said that the component inputs had alot of edge enhancement on which he couldn't remove using the options. He said that the VGA was amazing though.

Comment

The RGB is about as much as I expected from an LCD screen, looks kinda similar in blurryness to using an Svideo lead. I've done my best to scrap all the RGB leads and switch to component or HDMI where ever possible

Comment

Hmm, so I won't be able to use my RGB lead if I want a good picture... bugger.

I have a Samsung HDTV with the Y/V P/B P/R component hookups, bought the Sony Brand Component cable, hooked it up correctly (quadruple checked that one), and I still get a picture that jumps occasionally and doesn't look any better than the A/V cables that I can tell. Does anyone know why? Well I've been searching for answers on this one for a while and turned to the Manual for the New Slim Playstation2 for the 200th time. There is a small note in the manual that the HDTV function is not compatible with Y/V P/B P/R Component hookups. WHAT!?! Yea...that's the same thing I said. I looked on the box for the PS2 to see if it told you that on the outside....no it doesn't. I looked at the package for the Sony Component cable and actually it does say in super tiny letters that it is not compatible with those connectors. I don't know why, or what the difference is, but it doesn't work and it doesn't look like it ever will. Damn you Sony! *sigh*
                  ^ I read that on some random forum. It sounds like I won't be able to get a good picture even with component going on what this guy said?

It sounds like this TV isn't going to be very nice for gaming with the PS2. Maybe I should wait until the PS3 comes out... I'll only really be using it for gaming, maybe with a HD DVD player.

Comment

If money is tight it's good value and you could do a lot worse (supermarket brands etc.) But personally if I'm spending that much money anyway on a TV, I'll just go full whack and pay the extra to get something that's as good as the technology allows (Sony).

But they seem to have a pretty high fail rate and like Synthesthesia said it lacks some options (sadly a lot of LCD TVs leave out a backlight adjust which is frankly ridiculous).

Comment

Originally posted by Aionic
                      Hmm, so I won't be able to use my RGB lead if I want a good picture... bugger.

^ I read that on some random forum. It sounds like I won't be able to get a good picture even with component going on what this guy said?

It sounds like this TV isn't going to be very nice for gaming with the PS2. Maybe I should wait until the PS3 comes out... I'll only really be using it for gaming, maybe with a HD DVD player.
                      Well The ps3 is going to upscale ps2 and Ps1 games to HD resolutions (whether they mean upscale or they mean actually boost the resolution is another thing) but it means all PS2 games will be in progressive scan, so it means older games will look MUCH better on an LCD on ps3.

Comment

Working...
                      X