Problem with Toshiba 27WL56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Toshiba 27WL56

I have this LCD TV, which I use for my XBox360. The internet Toshiba site says the native resolution is 1280*720. I'm connecting from the 360 using the JoyTech VGA cable. All the other resolutions work fine, even the higher ones, but the native resolution seems to have an overbearing level of green to it.

The position of the picture is slightly to the left. I can't seem to enter some of the TV settings, as it states may occur, in the manual. In the manual they say XGA 1024*768, whilst saying " The 27WL model will display XGA but it will not be to the VESA standard.

Some sites on the net list the native resolution as 1366 x 766.

A few things I'm confused about:

1)What is the actual Native resolution of this TV?
    2)Why is the level of green so overbearing and the picture to the left a bit on the 1280*720 setting, but fine on the higher ones? IS this a problem of the 360 outputting?
    3)Wll XGA using the VGA connection only output at 1024*768?
    4) Finally could someone suggest the best settings for contrast etc for this particular model? I know there is a topic, but I'm not very good at getting a good general bunch of settings for both consoles and TV/Cable tv. I end up fiddling all the time.

I can't help with all your questions but I can tell you that most LCD HDTVs are 1366x768, and I know that my Samsung is. That and 1280x720 are both considered WXGA so it shouldn't make a difference, but it might be worth switching the 360 to 1366x768 (if I remember correctly it supports that or thereabouts over VGA) to see if it's any better at the native resolution.

I know what you mean about fiddling with settings though - I was terrible when I got my LE26R41B. I can't remember my exact settings but for the 360 I have contrast high (maybe even 100) and brightness around 55-60.

Comment

I tried this in the AV forums and they were saying that the Toshiba's have this problem at the resolution. I just wanted to know if gamers had this problem.

On the AVfourms someone gave their settings and he put the sharpness up to the maximum. I never do that I put it to zero.

It's all confusing.

Comment

Yeah, it's all down to personal preference. Try out some of the settings that people recommend until you find some that you're happy with and then do any tweaking you think is needed. You'll find that eventually you'll just stop obsessively tweaking.

Comment

I have one of these and use it with my PC.
          It defo does not like 720 vertical. Today I tried 1280x720 res in Eve Online and was presented with a green and red smudge.

It runs at 1280x768 just fine.

Edit :- Currently running Windows desktop at 1360x768. Just changed Eve to run the same resolution and it looks just fine.
          Last edited by Ian(not Ian); 20-03-2006, 18:20.

Comment

Excellent guys. Why do you both reckon it does that on the native resolution? I hope Neko I stop tweaking as I do it on the normal CRT and drive my wife mad

I rang up Toshiba and they said try it with a computer and see if it does that, if it does then ring them up. I think you've answered it not Ian, I'll try it myself too to check. Andrewfree was saying many VGA inputs do it only to 1024*768 effectively. He suggested it on 1366*768 as most people wouldn't notice the difference.

Comment

Working...
            X