xbox 360 prog scan PAL or NTSC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xbox 360 prog scan PAL or NTSC?

Does the XB360 output PAL or NTSC hi-def on a PAL machine? The reason I ask is because my TV only does NTSC 480p VIA a component cable, so should I buy a US or PAL machine to enjoy a better picture?

thanks

Both machines output Prog. Scan/HD.

Comment

I already know that, but does the PAL output NTSC when doing Hi Def in 60hz?

Comment

Originally posted by bash
        I already know that, but does the PAL output NTSC when doing Hi Def in 60hz?
        To make a simple answer , yes (although there sin't really a divide between PAL HD and NTSC HD)

The 360 only does 60hz in HD.

Comment

If memory serves me well, Pal Halo upscaled to HD on a 360 runs in 50hz

Comment

Also with DVDs it only runs 480p, as opposed to PAL progressive scan at 576p.

Comment

I will point out that when you initially turn the machine on, it runs at 576p 50Hz as default. You must change it to 480p in the dashboard, which is 60Hz as standard.

If you cannot do this, I am told simply connecting the console over Composite and switching to PAL60 will make the machine run at 480p 60Hz instead of 576p 50Hz as default HD mode, though I have not tried this.

Bottom line, there is no disadvantage to a PAL machine as far as HD/60Hz goes.... some games don't even support 50Hz (DOA4, for example).

Comment

So if I buy a PAL 360, can I hook it up to my tv via component and run it on 480p for all PAL games? I ask this because my tv ONLY accepts NTSC prog scan, not PAL.

Comment

Can no-one help

Comment

Buy a better TV that my answer.

Comment

Originally posted by bash
                      Can no-one help
                      Yeah, you should be fine 480p is one of the selectable modes.

Comment

480p is the americanised sd progressive mate, so your fine!

576p or something around that mark would be the pal standard, but 360 is 480p,720p,and 1080i.

Comment

Thank you thank you!

That mean I can buy a UK Xbox with no worries for prog scan then I can just switch the dashboard to 480p and leave it there

Comment

Working...
                          X