Modding a UK N64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modding a UK N64

Back in the day I never owned an N64 as I was more than happy with my PS and Saturn.
    I bought one a few years back quite cheap and thought I may as well give modding it a go.

Basically, aside from the opening it up and cutting/soldering various parts, is there any other way to do this? Like a converter cartridge similar to what I use on my SNES?

Aside from that, any recommendations for JP N64 games would be welcome!

You can only mod a US N64 for Jap games though mate,by removing the tabs.

You'll need one of those passport thingys to run any NTSC software on a Pal machine,and its tricky apparently.

Comment

Yeah its true!! You are better with either a Japanese machine or American as the PAL is very limited without those passport things. A good mod is to change the backs of the NTSC American carts with that of the back of PAL ones and this then allows them to go into the Japanese machine and work a treat without removing those tabs inside the console.

It works both ways of course if you put an American cartridge back onto the Jpn cart and they then work. Thats if you want to save your console. Eitherway is as easy really but eitherway beats those tempremental passports and adapters.

I'd recommend these Japan N64 games Sin and punishment, Super Robot Wars 64 and Animal forest. Then the following American games Ogre battle 64 and Harvest Moon to be getting on with. There's loads more of course but the difference from a true 60hz picture is amazing. You just dont get that using those passports, which is a shame.
      Last edited by AdamJW; 22-03-2006, 20:26.

Comment

Working...
      X