Windows Media Player 9 + Halo 2 E3 video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Media Player 9 + Halo 2 E3 video

I downloaded Windows Media Player 9 and the Halo 2 E3 video. However, it plays like a slide show with sound.

Any ideas as to why this is?

Cheers.

what cpu have you got in your pc?

camps

Comment

I got a 800 MHz P3 with 256 MB ram. Surely that should be enough to play a movie?!?

Comment

So does mine, although my spec is lower than yours. It maxes out my CPU so its no surprise that its choppy for me. Best way to tell is for someone with a top spec PC to try it and let us know.

Comment

Played fine for me.

3Ghz P4 with 512Mb RAM.

Probably is hardware related as my old PC (1Ghz Athlon with 256Mb RAM) had trouble playing high res movie clips. Got the same stuttering problem.

Comment

aye

wmp9 takes a lot of system resources and add in the fact its a super hi-res movie with all the bells and whistles running as well (5.1 etc) and you have a serious cpu hogger

what i had to do was encode it to mpeg1 format and then play it - ran perfectly then

camps

Comment

So basically I cant run it properly then. Great. Especially as Quicktime is being a pain right now by not loading. I install Quicktime, and when I try to run it, it just doesnt open. no explanation, no errors. Nothing.

Anyone know why this is?

Comment

I haven't played the Halo video you're talking about, but i seriously doubt it's a PC spec issue. I can play high res 1000Mb XviD files with AC3 5.1 soundtracks through WMP (XP Pro) perfectly on my PIII700.

Much more likely is a codec problem. What codec is the Halo video encode in, and what codecs do you have installed on your PC?

Comment

I have no idea what codec it is, but this was under properties in Windows Media Player:

Audio: Windows Media Audio 9 Professional
                  384 kbps, 48 kHz, 5.1 channel 24 bit 2-pass VBR

Video: Windows Media Video 9.

Thats all I could find.

Comment

Working...
                  X