I want a SNES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a SNES

I've sold off my HDTV and my 7.1 home cinema, and i've now got a craving for an old school SNES and one of those classic Sony 4:3 CRTs to take back to Uni with me.

I was leaning towards an N64, but it's a lot more recent, and I feel It wouldn't be quite as good as I remembered.

So, the SNES then. What do I need? Will a percy pal one do?

At Uni, it won't get much use, just now and again when my lady friend comes over and we'll have a smoke up. So, i'm talking bright colours, vibrant sounds and some beautiful looking games.

So far, i've got Super Mario World as a must. It's been a while since i've played that bad boy.

Now then, can I get some recomendations please? A couple of 2 player games wouldn't go a miss either, I was thinking maybe some Streetfighter worked into the mix?

Cheers.

Street Fighter 2. Turbo I guess. Whatever's the fastest!

Also, I can't ever have enough of Harvest Moon....

And Kirbys Dream Course (I think that's what it's called...).

Infact, I might have to bust out my snes!

Comment

A percy pal one should do you fine mate !

You should definitly get some of the following - Super Mario Kart, Super Bomberman, Super street fighter 2 (the one with the 4 new warriors), Super Mario world 2 Yoshi's island, Final Fight, Mario Allstars, Super Probotector, Donkey Kong Country 1,2,3.

Any, or all of those should keep you and your lady friend entertained for a good while

Comment

Battletoads, Double Dragon, TMNT 4.

You want pick and play games only?
        That rules out the RPGs

Comment

Zelda: A Link To The Past
          Super Metroid
          Legend Of The Mystical Ninja [Ganbare Goemon]
          Pilotwings
          Super Castlevania IV

this is gonna be a long thread, there are so many top games for the SNES!!

Comment

I've gathered that chojin.

I'm loving yesteryeargames list so far. That's pretty much the main games i'm after.

The wanted thread is now up and running! Let's see what I can find.

Comment

couple more I've just remembered..

Parodius [how could I forget this!]
              Assault Suit Valken
              Super Smash TV

Comment

Can't go wrong with some old Konami classics, starting with Cybernator and Zombies Ate My Neighbours.

But seriously, go for an NTSC machine. The games are a bit harder to get hold of in boxed&complete order, but it's worth it for full screen & full speed displays.

Comment

Working...
                X